xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Headunit W/ Aux Input  (Read 53 times)

Baner

• Archived User
Headunit W/ Aux Input
« on: November 01, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

I just got an Iriver iHP-120, with the intent on hooking it up to my car. I ran into a problem tho, I can't decied whether to get a front Aux input(plugs in the front of the Headunit), or a rear input(needs an adapater). The Iriver came with a remote, that displays all the information you need, so the player itself hiding in my glove box isn't a problem, and price isn't a problem either, I guess it's just preference. It would be nice to have all those wires hiden, but then again it'd be cool to show the player off. Any input would be great, peace.

Baner

• Archived User
Headunit W/ Aux Input
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
Took about 5 minutes to get up and running, putting all 900 of my songs on there, and another 5 minutes to get used to all the controls. Updated the firmware(great option), which added even more features. Uses Winamp playlists, and has the ability to record from other media devices via optical or mini-jack plugs. It's got a great voice recorder, and an addition ext. mic that you can hook up. Came with a leather case, let's just say I don't have any complaints with it. The battery life is great, I've had it on me all day, on and off thruout school and work, 7:30 Am to 5:00 pm, and it's down to half it's battery life.
The remote is cool to, it has 4 lines of lcd display, and you can do everything on it thta you can do on the player itself. Its inline, so your headphones can hook-up stright into the remote. I wish I was getting paid for saying all this stuff, too bad I'm not a celeberty wink.gif.
Need to know more?

Baner

• Archived User
Headunit W/ Aux Input
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

wink.gif , so I'll just ask here,
If I got an ac adapter for my Mp3 player, could I just cut the adapter off before the cig lighter part, and splice it into the back of the cig lighter. (get what I'm saying?) I really don't want to have the charger runing out the front of my dash if all my other wires are hidin behind it.

Baner

• Archived User
Headunit W/ Aux Input
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

Yay, that's what I figured... I'll prolly take it apart and rig the shit out of it. I really don't wanna hardwire an inverter just to hook up my charger...

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Headunit W/ Aux Input
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Nov 3 2004, 02:56 PM)
Yay, that's what I figured... I'll prolly take it apart and rig the shit out of it. I really don't wanna hardwire an inverter just to hook up my charger...

Look at the rating on the AC adapter for your iRiver, then just buy a cigarette lighter adapter with similar specifications.  There are universal ones (heck, even Radio Shack probably has them) that will let you set the correct voltage.  Then you can wire it straight to the battery if you don't want to mess with the cigarette lighter port.

I have a Pioneer head unit with rear auxiliary inputs, and rear is definitely the way to go.  For one, it's usually RCA-type left and right inputs, where the front input is usually stereo 1/8" inch jack.  Also ease of removing the faceplate, as mentioned.

I have my iPod hooked up to a Belkin car charger (which also provides line-out, a feature of the iPod dock connector). So I just hop in the truck, drop the iPod in its cradle, and I have tunes and charging with no plugging/unplugging or wire routing.  Sweet smile.gif