xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why The Anti Civic Feeling?  (Read 176 times)

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Why The Anti Civic Feeling?
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

The issue is not with the car itself, but what stupid people do to the car.  Every 16 year old kid slaps a 5" exhuast tip on, an intake, and a 4" high wing and thinks they have a race car.  You see so many of them that way you just tend to hate the car after a while.  I myself have a 90 CRX with nothing done aesthetically (sp?) (aside from wheels, 15" --> the only practical size), and get quite a kick out of whomping everyone's ass on an auto-x course on my Hoosiers.  wink.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

Yeah a Civic is a great reliable car to get your grandma where she needs to go.

Its just that its a terrible car to race because its really slow but since its so cheap 40% (its true i checked the facts) of high school kids get on from their parents. Then they decide "Hey this car is bitchin! i bet i could beat a ferreri if i only got a body kit and NOS Stickers".

Not to mention their ugly.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (Aron Parsons @ Jul 2 2004, 03:42 PM)
The issue is not with the car itself, but what stupid people do to the car.  Every 16 year old kid slaps a 5" exhuast tip on, an intake, and a 4" high wing and thinks they have a race car.  You see so many of them that way you just tend to hate the car after a while.  I myself have a 90 CRX with nothing done aesthetically (sp?) (aside from wheels, 15" --> the only practical size), and get quite a kick out of whomping everyone's ass on an auto-x course on my Hoosiers.  wink.gif

Thats exactly whay everyone over the age of 12* in england hates them too!!!

(*note:- includes mental age)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

I kinda like the looks personally but I think that the whole Fast And The Furious culture has made them such a Dime A Dozen everywhere in the world (cosmetically modded Civics) that they are hated.  I will never diss a Civic for it's fuel economy.  They are among the best, but the dumb teenage kids who try to race them are the ones who give them a bad name.  As far as making them fast????  Give me a break.  Plenty of cars out there that can be modded to beat the living piss out of a civic for less money (a lot less).

miazmaticdotcom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

Here in Hawaii, one out of every four cars you see is a Civic with ugly-ass Altezza tail lights and a huge exhaust. They sound like someone farting, and look even worse.

(Of course, there are a few nice ones that stand out)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

I can see why people can get disgusted with some Civics. there are some people that practicly get plane parts and put them on there car. there is a limit, as for me an owner of a Honda Civic 2000 Ex i don't go that way.

BTW: tell me what you think ?
user posted image

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 10:43:00 PM »

Did you drive it through the stargate?   laugh.gif   J/K  Yours looks pretty nice. wink.gif

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Jul 5 2004, 03:13 AM)
Did you drive it through the stargate?   laugh.gif   J/K  Yours looks pretty nice. wink.gif

lol .....good one, you had me laughing.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

I love my luda. The engine is stock other than the intake exaust and turbo but I dont race it. Its for looks. The only reason I got a turbo was for the blow off valve sound. I just love that sound. And my luda isnt loud and anoying, the exaust is a cat back not just a tip, has a deep low growl to it not a high pitched wine.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.psykocorp.com/images/car/

user posted image

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

Very NICE car. I like those rims, how big are they?

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

17 inchers. The wing on the back is stock btw, I dont like big ass wings. I would rather it not be there but idk y I kept it.

miazmaticdotcom

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »

Preludes are always nice. It is near impossible to fuck up a Prelude. Love it.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

wink.gif

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

I also own my pride and joy. 1987 Chevy Sprint. Not nearly as powerful or as fast. Rescued from a junkyard and it's as rare as any Ferrarri. 3 cylinder, 1 liter, turbo. And my ONLY goal is to beat Civics with it.

not to diss or anything but damn man thats a hunk of Junk brought back from the past, and you dedicated yourself to beat Civics. well Good Luck cause you'll need it.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

People are just hating Civics because they were in movies SUCH AS F&F, because they are the most car that you can mod in its class. I am not saying it's the best car out there but you got to give it some props !!

most car you can mod in it's class??? What the hell does that mean? It's class is econobox, so even if you can mod it, you're still gonna own an econobox thats modded. And I believe I did give it props. It's a reliable economy car that is very well built. It is not, and never will be a sports car.

As far as F&F goes.......
I wouldn't want my car in a movie that uses terms like "double clutching". All it would do is add that many more riced out Probes onto the streets and inflate the prices on my car.

not to diss or anything but damn man thats a hunk of Junk brought back from the past, and you dedicated yourself to beat Civics. well Good Luck cause you'll need it.

Well it IS a hunk of junk. It was when brand new. As cheap as econoboxes get. And I'm sure most of em have dissolved in the rain. But...... It's little 3 cylinder, 1.0 Liter, is turbo charged in this case. (I can't find production numbers, but the turbo 5 speeds seem fairly rare.)  And this engine churns out a mind numbing 70hp and 107 ft/lbs of torque stock. That's good enough for a 16 second pass in the 1/4. (Golly Gosh, that's Civic territory there......) As far as moddability goes, any fool knows a turbo car is easier to mod. My homemade MBC has certainly given the car a noticable jump in HP. Add to that a full custom exhaust (no cat) and a homeade CAI (If you can tell me where to buy a Sprint CAI you're a better man then I) and the car's quarter times now hold solid at around 15.2. I can push more boost easily. But I need a clutch and some tires. (They even make performance metro clutches  blink.gif  ) So I guess my thoughts are not that I'll need luck, but the Civic owner will.
Pages: [1] 2