xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xone 92 Linear Fader Modification  (Read 116 times)

Shareef187

• Archived User
Xone 92 Linear Fader Modification
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »

I know there are a lot of people who are very knowledgeable about soldering/PCBs/modifications and whatnot, so I thought I might see if someone could help me out with what is probably a easy question to answer.

I'm trying to do a modification on an Allen and Heath Xone 92 DJ mixing board. On another forum, I had come across a person whom indicated he was told the following from an Allen & Heath technician:

"A more linear fader response can be achieved by wiring a 4k7 resistor between pins 1 and 3 on the fader PCB AG5610.
This modification would give you a similiar response to the 92R rotary faders which is more linear than the standard 92 fader law."

I've decided to actually make an attempt at doing this. I'm 90% sure I know the answer to my question, but I thought I'd see if anyone here might be able to confirm if I'm correct (I'd rather not screw up my mixer, of course).

Here are pictures of the top and bottom of the AG5610 fader PCB:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Based on the instructions above, I believe that I'm supposed to solder a 4.7K resistor to pins 1 and 3, effectively bridging them, like as shown in the following diagram:

IPB Image

Would that be correct? Is it possible (or recommended even) to solder the resistor to the underside of the PCB in the same fashion?

I'll definitely appreciate if anyone could provide a response, asap, as I've got my unit all taken apart and would hopefully like to complete this project tonight. Thanks in advance.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Xone 92 Linear Fader Modification
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »

Looks you got your answer in the thread on djforums.   wink.gif