xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starting To Warm Up Here  (Read 57 times)

Alex548

• Recovered User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

^ Just imagine living in an apartment with a crappy swamp cooler (with no water in it) and it's 112 degrees.  blink.gif

That happened yesterday to my wife & son. Good thing I installed a window A/C in the bedroom when we moved in . . . too bad the power went out.  sad.gif

Got home last night & filled up the swamp cooler with a buttload of pitchers of water and a couple bags of ice. Maintenance guys still haven't bothered to fix the water problem.  grr.gif

w2kj

• Archived User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

...aaaahhhh yes i remember the summer of 1980 in Texas. That was a bitch!! I remember cruising thru Fort Worth at 4:00 am and it was still 104 degrees!  I've lived here for 30 years; it's hot here but it was never that HOT!

Alex548

• Recovered User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

^ Too humid in Texas for me. Last time I was there, I took like 3 showers per day.
Didn't mind the heat. . . but the humidity and mosquitos were pretty bad. I remember it actually rained one day and it was like 95 degrees at the time (in the summer). Probably took more than 3 showers that day, but I can't remember anymore.

México was just as bad, but at least we could jump into the Rio Grande if it were too hot. smile.gif

w2kj

• Archived User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »

you got that right.  it's never a dry heat here.....the humidity is a killer.  i do like it i CA...i lived in the high desert in apple valley for 3 years....i kinda liked it there out near the foothills.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »

i work in a "restricted"  server room that is like a mile from the only entry point of the building, and some how i still get torn up by mosqiotos all nite. bastards. they are really bad this year.

w2kj, i just heard they were evacuating parts of grayson county because texoma was going over the spill way. thats pretty nuts.

w2kj

• Archived User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

yeah hamwbone...that's pretty wild. But with all of the wet weather....it's nice that it's not that hot here this year.

Here is a tip that is off topic....G A R L I C....if you hate to be eaten alive by the mosquitoes; go to the health food store and get some garlic pills/capsules (they do sell "odorless" garlic pills/capsules you can take; so you won't smell an Italian restaurant. LOL!). Mosqitoes don't like you if you take garlic as a part of your daily regimen. I do. I rarely get bitten by pesky mosquitoes. It works.

henmill

• Archived User
Starting To Warm Up Here
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

hot and humid here, bleh

off to the lake!
Pages: 1 [2]