xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You Ever Have One Of Those Days?  (Read 74 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
You Ever Have One Of Those Days?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

I own and love both lock stock and trainspotting

I've been meaning to checkout layer cake and revolver (but revolver hasn't yet been released in the states  sad.gif )

The rest of them I haven't heard of but I'll be sure to check them out now  smile.gif

and Brat Pitt was MUCH MUCH better in Fight Club

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Well i absolutly love british films so you may not like what i like since i love them regardless because theyr british. But check them out, especially human traffic, mean machine and the football factory.

Agreed ont he brad pitt thing. I think hes an amazing actor, although in snatch hes so hilarious "ah,yaweefuckerye"

Might have to start a thread in the film sub forums laugh.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

ill check out those movies asap! i love all those, hard to find here in texas, im guessing the internet is my best bet, recently ive started watching Extras starring Ricky Gervais, its been puttin me on the floor its so funny. im actually cought up on the whole first season and eps 1-3 on the second.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 6 2006, 10:14 AM) View Post
and Brat Pitt was MUCH MUCH better in Fight Club
... and better yet in 12 Monkeys. I don't think he is that good of a lead actor. But, he  has some badass movies.

If you like 12 Monkeys you have to watch La Jetée. It clears up a lot of missing stuff. After watching La Jetée it immediately made 12 Monkeys jump up to 1 of my all time favorite movies. It's a 30 minute French short. Do NOT watch it dubbed in English. Watch it in French with English subtitles. You won't regret it. IPB Image

I'm making a thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=552963

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

Interesting... I thought 12 monkeys was pretty good, it had a lot of B-movie qualities to it through which is what turned me off the most, script wise and acting wise it was a very solid film though. I'll have to check out that one you mentioned.

And for the record I love British film and TV. One of my favorite series was SPACED, I had to import the DVD set from amazon.co.uk because they never released it over here, I've also got the Office (the original European version) and the complete box set of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I also like the Ali G show and classics like Fawlty Towers but I don't own either of those... yet  happy.gif

If you're curious about what else I have in my collection I have all of my DVD cataloged online here: http://www.web-nine..../dvds/index.php

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

I was excited for this weekend since it's homecoming until i got called to work tomorrow from 7AM-12 and i have a good friends bday tonight looks like i'll be tired at work tomorrow  sad.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 6 2006, 07:33 PM) View Post

And for the record I love British film and TV. One of my favorite series was SPACED, I had to import the DVD set from amazon.co.uk because they never released it over here, I've also got the Office (the original European version) and the complete box set of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I also like the Ali G show and classics like Fawlty Towers but I don't own either of those... yet  happy.gif

Spaced is AMAZING, which brings me to another quality flick, shaun of the dead.

some others to note are

"chewin' the fat"

"still game" (chewin' the fat spin off)

"harry enfield and chums", "the harry enfields television programme" and "the fast show"

"men behaving badly"

"rab c nesbit"

theres far too many for me to start wth but theres some of the classics, seen any of them?

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

I've seen Shaun of the Dead it is pretty good.

Twisted, based on your tastes I think you will like Yellowbeard. It has a lot of Monty Python guys and some Americans too. Hillarious.

I have Flying Circus also, it is quality.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

im gona be watching Wet Hot American Summer tonite, one of my favs =)
Pages: 1 [2]