xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 16th Bday Coming Up  (Read 139 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

a hooker, since you wont get women any other way you filthy hermaphrodite.

ph34r.gif

Alex548

• Recovered User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

Don't ask for a laptop. If you get one, I'm pretty sure your post count will increase at a much faster pace since you'd be able to type from anywhere you want. . . and we don't want that happening.  tongue.gif

... and stay away from the digital camera because we don't wanna see your ugly mug.  jester.gif

Tell your mom to buy the TMX Elmo instead.  smile.gif

Seriously though, you should get something that you'll likely make use of very often and won't get bored of quickly.

Jet ski would be off my list because there's only so many times I'd actually use the thing before it starts to collect dust.

alemerson

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

get a nikon digital SLR...

im pretty sure the cheapest one is  the D50 at about $900 for a bundle lens, body, and case...

http://www.ritzcamer...t/HOLDNKD50.htm

if you want to use your camera for many years to come and for beautiful and professional looking shots, don't waste your time with point and shoot...

P.s. if your want to go a step up the D80 is 10.2 megapixels.... awesome

CattyKid

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

Wow... I mean... wow.  That's a LOT of money for a B-Day present, eh?
You have 2 laptops?  1 school issued? Is that private or public, and can you take it home (IMO the future of all schools... just not right now)?  Pretty cool.
Monitor wise... you can get BIG monitors from buy.com on the cheap... I always get their sale emails.  Might want to check there, but not sure of the quality on those.

CattyKid

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

Wow, that's a really cool idea.  I like it and sounds damn unique.

And that system your school has... awesome.  I wish we had that.  Our sysadmin says that maybe we will be getting a grant so that each science and english (?) class has a laptop for each student, but they stay in the class.  It's a step forward, and not everyone will get their own, just like 25-30 for each teacher.
Is that a private or public school?  Sounds like either private or public with mucho $.

Awesome for you, though, that's REALLY cool.

blame canada

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:28 PM) View Post

my parents funded my "build my own comp" project.. which was one bitchin comp at the time.. $3000ish?. (Its a little out of date now).

Out of date, you consider "out of date" less than a year ago blink.gif Especially when it was  $3k comp????!!!! blink.gif

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:28 PM) View Post

that way i can be lazy and lay in my bed and use my desktop...since im so used to laying in my bed and using my laptop.

that adds to the already staggering teen obesity issue in america.... lol just playin dude

CattyKid

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Sep 21 2006, 11:07 PM) View Post

Its a public school...and yeah, its pretty cool. And they hope next year, more classes will incorporate the laptop program...which would be awesome.. paper and pen.. so old school  tongue.gif

Jep.
That's amazing.  It's like the school of the (near) future.  Bet my school gets laptops for everyone in two years.... of course the year after I graduate sad.gif

killerbootsman

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Sep 21 2006, 08:17 PM) View Post

sad.gif

my school was built in the early 1900's sad.gif

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

... And I thought I was special when my parents bought me a Sega Game Gear Christmas of '94!

My parents were always about "working hard for everything", so vehicles, laptops, etc. were all funded by myself.

You are a lucky man.

Wolves

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(killerbootsman @ Sep 21 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

my school was built in the early 1900's sad.gif

sad.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »

wow man... when I was younger I don't think my parents ever spent much more then $100 on me.

These days I spend more on them then they do on me.

A jet ski is just a waste of money, it will cost you money to keep it up and running and you'll probably get very little use out of.

A new laptop would be kind of useless, since you already have one and I'm assuming it's mostly just an internet machine. Keep your system clean and you can do a lot with it. My laptop is a PIII 733 256MB ram and 12GB hard drive, it's pushing 6 years old at this point and still works great, I can watch DVDs, it can run solidworks and photoshop (though it takes a few extra seconds to load) and it runs any internet application you can thow at it... unless you plan on doing some hardcore LAN party gaming it'd be pretty wasteful.

A new monitor would be good (21" LCD)... or an HDTV if you don't already have one (37" LCD)

A smoke V1.6... seriously? do you really need another Xbox  laugh.gif

My personal opinion... ask for Cash... say you want to start saving up for a car... and this time next year you'll have that much more to spend on a sweet ride. Chances are they'll get you a gift anyway so you have "something to open"

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

My laptop is a PIII 733 256MB ram and 12GB hard drive, it's pushing 6 years old at this point and still works great

I had a PII 266/96 MB/4 GB laptop for the longest time, until ~2004 when I saved up and bought my Pentium M 2.0GHz/1.25GB/60GB laptop.

I'll probably use it for another 6 years before I make another big leap.

Boddah

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Aha, let me guess, an IBM Thinkpad 380Z? I have one of those. tongue.gif

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

after getting the sweet ride you could use the cash for a sweet stereo otherwise i'd ask for a 21" monitor but if it were me i'd be asking for the K790i Sony Ericsson phone

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
16th Bday Coming Up
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

His school issues laptops..

No wonder his post count is so high, he posts at school, home, and sooner or later his bed. tongue.gif

*cough*spoiled*cough*
Pages: [1] 2 3