xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Ive Got A Son  (Read 534 times)

_iffy

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

Seriously though...

best wishes.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

Don't mean to be a dick, but 15 years old is too young to have a kid. WAY to young. What the hell type of father do you honestly think you can be @ 15. If you are racing.... quit. Spend time with your kid. As a guy who grew up without a dad most of his life, thatll fuck up a child far more then any lack of money could.

DirtRacer127

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

im not gunna drop racing completely, i only race on the week ends and if i could change wat happened i would.and i know wat its like to grow up with out a father. i didnt meet my father untill he moved back down here on my 15th birthday. ur not the only one to grow up with a fatherless past and by now im already as corrupted as im gunna get so him coming back this late wont change a thing. and i can be a great fatherand i wont let u talk me out of wat i know, so if u dont think i can then u can fuck offbecause i can b and will b a great father. i dont care if ur a moderator or not, do wat ever u want u can change me here but u cant change my heart.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(DirtRacer127 @ May 10 2006, 02:29 AM) View Post

im not gunna drop racing completely, i only race on the week ends and if i could change wat happened i would.and i know wat its like to grow up with out a father. i didnt meet my father untill he moved back down here on my 15th birthday. ur not the only one to grow up with a fatherless past and by now im already as corrupted as im gunna get so him coming back this late wont change a thing. and i can be a great fatherand i wont let u talk me out of wat i know, so if u dont think i can then u can fuck offbecause i can b and will b a great father.

Real mature...... Youll be a great dad.....  rolleyes.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

^^^
Hey, I play pro baseball, and travel 6 months out of the year. I do not want my son to grow up thinking I quit. I played AAA ball last year, that is 1 step away from the show. I had the worst season of my life. I now have to play Independant Ball hoping to get picked back up by a real club. The reason I had such a bad year is because of my wife and then unborn son complications. I couldn't concentrate. They are all healthy now. I am ready to attack the game again. I will battle until I have no other choice but to quit.

If you love racing that much, do it. But, you are going to have to work harder than anyone else that doesn't race. Nothing, ever, comes between me and my wife and son. Not even baseball. I had to take time off last year, and I did it. I have never missed a game in my 11 years of higher level ball until last year.

My wife and I have accrued a huge debt, because I play ball. We do not go more than 4-6 weeks without seeing eachother. Plane tickets, hotels, rental cars, kennel for our dog all cost money. Now that we hae a child, the 4-6 is going to be cut in half. We make sacrifices constantly. We cannot do the things all of our peers do. The responsibilty is enormous. Your life will be flipped upside down no matter what now.

DirtRacer127

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

i understand wat all will happen and i may not be ready for it but i wont back down, i may have to miss some races or alot of races but i will not stop. at least im not alone in this boat. its good to have ppl that will help u throught the hard times and the even harder times.

throwingks

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

The most important thing in your life, for the rest of your life is 3 things in a specific order.
1. Your son (and future children)
2. Your wife and family
3. You

You son comes 1st even before you and your wife when it comes to priorities. 2nd your wife, then your own wants and desires. Every decision my wife and I make, we break it down in that order (obviouly her #2 is her husband, me).
1. Will this benefit or be detrimental for our son?
2. Will ths benefit or be detrimental our relationship?
3. Will this benefit or be detrimental me?

It is not easy. It is not fun. And, there may be many nights where you both fall asleep crying. But, you chose to have sex. Your son didn't choose to be born to a father that rides motorcycles.

DirtRacer127

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

riding wont change the way i raise him because i wont let it affect the way i raise him. ur son didnt choose to be born to a dad that plays baseball and obviosly uve thought of that. has it changed the way uve started to raise ur son, probably not, will u let it no. this world is all about choices and i understand that. we chose to have sex and this has happened. something we carelessly made but i will not be careless about raising my son. if there is any doubt in my mind that i shouldnt go race i will not go race. i know i will have to make sacrifices and some bigger than others, im ready to made sacrifices. i may not b completly ready to be a father but that will not slow me down at all, that will not keep me from trying to b the best father i can b and neither can anything anyone says

healious

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

so u came looking for advice, but only if its what u want to hear? thats not really advice, u want someone to confirm what u have already decided it looks like

CattyKid

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(DirtRacer127 @ May 9 2006, 07:48 PM) View Post

riding wont change the way i raise him because i wont let it affect the way i raise him. ur son didnt choose to be born to a dad that plays baseball and obviosly uve thought of that. has it changed the way uve started to raise ur son, probably not, will u let it no. this world is all about choices and i understand that. we chose to have sex and this has happened. something we carelessly made but i will not be careless about raising my son. if there is any doubt in my mind that i shouldnt go race i will not go race. i know i will have to make sacrifices and some bigger than others, im ready to made sacrifices. i may not b completly ready to be a father but that will not slow me down at all, that will not keep me from trying to b the best father i can b and neither can anything anyone says

That's very mature for someone who's only 15.  I'm 16 and cannot even fathom that responsibility.  I hope you mantain that positive attitude and take responsibility for your actions for the rest of your life.
Just remember the important things throwingks has mentioned and you will do fine.  If you ever need help, don't think you are "too proud" to ask for it.  You will only be hurting yourself and your family.
And, wow, you have over $500,000 saved up?  You must be very good, congratulations, making money for something you enjoy.  Just remember, family first.

...I told you people cared.

Xombe

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

$500K buys a lot of time at the planned parenthood clinic...

If I recall correctly they set me and my first girlfriend up for less than forty bucks, even after the pap smear (mandatory, though I considered it unneccessary) and bloodwork.

itsame

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

Congratulations. Sorry to hear about the complications. I hope everything works out, and your new family is home soon. 15 and half a million? You're way ahead of the game. You don't need our advice, just our best wishes.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(awal @ May 10 2006, 04:32 AM) View Post

You cant even drive a car legally at 15. Now your going to be a father?

LOL
It's really kind of funny. I'm 26. I want kids, but certainly am not ready for em. And I sure as hell am not sure I have a girl whom I want to spend the rest of my life attached to. (Kids kind of assure that.)

I mean no offense to anyone in this thread. I ust know at 15 no one knows what they want. And if they say they do it's simply because theyre 15 and are clueless about the world. No offense to DirtRacer127. I hope he does a great job with his kid and realizes what a blessing a child is. But far too many people older and more mature then me can't fully comprehend what it takes to raise a kid. so how the hell could a 15 YO?

ThrowingKs, whats the most Northeast ya play? I'd love to stop by a game and support a fellow X-S member and pitcher.

buttface96

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »

i just turned 15 about 2 weeks ago, and I couldnt imagine having a kid. BTW how old is ur gf? Anyway you gotta have priorities now, your not first anymore

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Ive Got A Son
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 01:37:00 AM »

You cant even drive a car legally at 15. Now your going to be a father?

He'll drive around on his dirt bike.  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11