xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: ilovebees.com - The "Master" Thread  (Read 676 times)

joseph_hac

• Archived User
ilovebees.com - The "Master" Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

Not one of those links worked for me.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (jesusphreak @ Aug 2 2004, 02:57 AM)
I just thought of something....

the blog off of ilovebees.com mentions a trip to china.

For example, "So Aunt Margaret's email appears to have gone the way of the China countdown. Hijacked. Repurposed."

"The trip is hard to defend. Beijing is the first stop on an open-ended backpacking trip through East/Southeast Asia"

This countdown has something to do with China....

Something very interesting is this...

As posted earlier in these forums, a poster from e3 had a building on it that was VERY similar to a real-life bank building in Hong Kong:

Poster
Building
Original Post

So, do you think the Covenant might be landing in Hong Kong on the 24th?
(edit: I just noticed that you can see Covenant ships in the skies...)

Interesting lead on Bumblebee Tuna, BTW....

EDIT: fixed links

wow thats serious!!!!!!

MC strangling Terminator (Terminator game comes out the 24th?)

I think that game is comin out in sept.

stevey5036

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

its not gonna happen. just stop.

EDIT: also, every single one of those shirts are fakes made by some losers. nothing was put there by bungie or M$. End of story.

misterninja

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

if it is coming out on august 24th then wouldnt ebgames have copys way b4 august 24th or i could be wrong...who knows?? hopefully it comes out the 24th but most likly it wont.

stevey5036

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (dewmonger @ Aug 2 2004, 07:55 PM)
Well if it says so on a T-shirt, it must be true!!!  I believe every T-shirt I see.  Don't you?   laugh.gif

This post has contention of one of the funnier posts made and should be in the comedy forum.

Anyone who knows anything about marketing knows that if this were indeed true, they would lose so much money by doing this.  There is absolutely no advantage of doing a surprise early release.  Think about it.  They already announced a Nov. date, so there have already been pre-orders made, shelf space reserved marketing brochures printed, etc.  People have already made plans to save up money to buy it at that time.  If they release it early, most people wouldn't even know it was released until a while later.  Stores would have no room to stock it and people wouldn't know it was available.  By waiting until the holiday season to release it, you get not only the hardcore gamers, but also the casual players who have heard of the game but don't know much more about it.  An early release would lose the casual gamers.

I just thought of something.  3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3=24= 8x3.  8/3=August 3.  That must mean that the game will be released on tomorrow!  I'm going to wait in line tonight.

HAHAHA prob the best thing ive seen about all this halo 2 crap. thanks for the laugh  biggrin.gif

Axis86

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (misterninja @ Aug 3 2004, 03:54 AM)
if it is coming out on august 24th then wouldnt ebgames have copys way b4 august 24th or i could be wrong...who knows?? hopefully it comes out the 24th but most likly it wont.

everyone gets them 1 to 2 weeks before they are release and they hold them until there release date and i am thinking that "In 8 days this medium will metastasize" thats when they are going to ship it to retailers and then tell everyone that it will come out on aug 24 i will keep looking around work to see if we have anything in electronics that we can not sell until aug 24 and i will open it and seee if it is halo 2, and i will tell u guys, and if u guys just call like eb games or an electronic store ask them if they have recived halo 2 yet, cause they normally get them in and just have them in the back and just leave them there until there release date, and they should tell u if they have it in the back or not if there nice, and i will tell u guys if i see anything at my work. beerchug.gif

Axis86

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (BillS13iv @ Aug 3 2004, 07:42 AM)
Halo 2 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the scheduled date for the release of Halo 2?
A: Since we first announced Halo 2, we have always been diligent about stating that the game would be released when we felt it was ready. With that said, the Bungie team is working toward an internal goal of shipping Halo 2 by fall

from http://www.xbox.com/...es/halo2faq.htm

What day does fall begin??

I should buy a calendar

man i think fall is after summer and starts in november sad.gif but, M$ and bungie didnt put that link for a demo so its going to be an early release beerchug.gif

furious_one

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

that reminds me of those "7" theorys about Tupac

42ZRo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

you guys can dream all you want but its still coming out in november. one of the developers even had the november release date tattoo'd on his arm.

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

yikes, you prlly know this, but that was a painted release date on his bicep.  Anyways, I called Bill this morning, he said Halo 2 isn't going to be released on Xbox anymore.  Bungie soldout to Sony and now Playstation 2 will have Halo 2.  So, Halo stuff will be on PS2 from now on.

j/k

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

More drama on the whole situation can be found here as well

http://www.consoleconspiracy.com

A good little console news Blog

joseph_hac

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (42ZRo @ Aug 5 2004, 02:07 PM)
you guys can dream all you want but its still coming out in november. one of the developers even had the november release date tattoo'd on his arm.

laugh.gif And I suppose you thought that was real, didn't you? laugh.gif

Zero-One V.1

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

dry.gif

Loranga

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (dewmonger @ Aug 3 2004, 01:55 AM)

Anyone who knows anything about marketing knows that if this were indeed true, they would lose so much money by doing this.  There is absolutely no advantage of doing a surprise early release.  Think about it.  They already announced a Nov. date, so there have already been pre-orders made, shelf space reserved marketing brochures printed, etc.  People have already made plans to save up money to buy it at that time.  If they release it early, most people wouldn't even know it was released until a while later.  Stores would have no room to stock it and people wouldn't know it was available.  By waiting until the holiday season to release it, you get not only the hardcore gamers, but also the casual players who have heard of the game but don't know much more about it.  An early release would lose the casual gamers.

True!

I think Halo2 is going to have a HUGE "advertising drive" with lots of adds in magazines and TV. This ilovebee.com thing is oly the begining of this.

freedumb

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

well the site says something about metastasizing on aug. 10 which is 2 weeks before the supposed release date of aug. 24th and axis says that he works for walmart and they usually recieve stuff2 weeks before it is suppos3ed to be shipped out. I mean I guess the best thing to do is to just wait and see, but why not at least hope that it comes out on teh 24th?  I mean who wouldn't want that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22