xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: ilovebees.com - The "Master" Thread  (Read 677 times)

jesusphreak

• Archived User
ilovebees.com - The "Master" Thread
« on: August 01, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

There is a huge rumor going around that not only a demo will be released on August 24th, but the game will be released....

1. On the blog linked from the ilovebees.com site, 3 major events are listed that occured without warning and totally by suprise on August 24th.

- 8/24/1995 - MS suprise releases Windows 95
- August 24th, 79 AD Mount Vesuvius erupts completely unexpected and destroys the city of Pompeii
- 8/24/1456 - the first printed Bible is completed (Guttenberg Bible)

2. the date 11/09/04 when taken apart:
11+9+4= 24

3. this is further validated on a t-shirt sold on the webshop that is linked to ilovebees.com:

http://www.cafeshops.com/ilovebees.12642001

4. Bungie's weird fascination with the number 7:
August 24th is 77 days from November 9th

5. Quotes on ilovebees.com such as: "We're not ready, he is...."

6. Bungie's webcam: http://www.tru7h.co.uk/blam.php?file=site/webcam

at one point, two action figures were placed in front of one of the webcam's; a master chief strangling a Terminator (BTW, the newest Terminator videogame releases on August 24th)

7. Bungie's webcam:

at one point, a can of tuna was placed on top of an 11/09/04 Halo 2 poster, with the message "What does this mean?" - anyone heard of Bumblebee Tuna?

8. Bungie's webcam:

over Saturday and Sunday, the folks at Bungie have been having huge LAN Halo 2 tournaments. An interesting thing about this is that the TVs playing Halo 2 do not have a beta build # at the bottom.... Oh, and why are they having tournaments if they are so busy again?

9. Bungie's weekly updates:

over the past few weeks, the Halo2 weekly updates have been nearly all similar: "this is finished", "this is near perfect" etc etc....most of the major work is finished and they've been tweaking

Add this to the fact that Bungie has stated in the past that the game would be "done when it was ready". They also can be quoted as saying about a year ago that the game was 95% ready....

10. Bungie and MS's "no comment" stance...

A year ago, when rumors were flying that Halo 2 would be coming out on the anniversary of the XBOX launch (November 15th, 2003), Bungie and MS within days quickly stated that the rumor was false...

Both at this time have taken a "no comment" stance...
This is strange considering their advertising on 11.09.04...
If this was indeed the release date, why would they continue to let rumors fly about it coming out earlier when they have spent millions advertising it???

Think about it. This makes a lot of sense. If Halo 2 is released near CHristmas, a lot of games are not going to be purchased for the XBOX. It will dominate nearly every other game, and a lot of great games will not be bought.

With MS doing this, they can sell all of these copies of Halo 2, and give a few months for Christmas to come, when other videogames can stock up on sales...

There's this simple sense of MS's financial desires, and well, then there's all that I've just written....

So, enjoy, and think! Halo 2 suprise release on August 24th??? It's not only a possibility, it might be likely....

The money that Bungie is spending to host this site, do all that they are doing is just unreal for a demo release.....

This post has been edited by jesusphreak: Aug 2 2004, 01:10 AM <

HammeredEatinApples

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

keep dreamin'  <

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

Some people are so gullible..

Think about it. This makes a lot of sense. If Halo 2 is released near CHristmas, a lot of games are not going to be purchased for the XBOX. It will dominate nearly every other game, and a lot of great games will not be bought.

Yeah.. MS wouldn't want to say "Halo 2 was the best selling game of all-time for the Holiday season since the days of Atari"

dry.gif

jesusphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

You are kidding me...

All of that evidence and you don't believe it???

For me, the biggest clutch is the t-shirt that actually says, "11+9+4=24".....

I just think they are doing way too much for some demo release, when in the FAQ it has even been stated that a demo will not be released....

BTW, Halo 2 is going to be biggest selling game of all time, period, this just gives them a few more months and then CHristmas, and gives other games some chance at sales as well....  <

TheFrag

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

There is one thing that everyone is forgeting:
Bungie and MS are BUSINESSES.
Releasing it early will lose them A LOT of money. What about those with preorders? There won't be a huge buying attracting tons of attention.
Not to mention tons of people are not HUGE Halo freaks, and will not be in the know that it was even released. There ar emany other things that will cause them to lose lots of money, too.

Look at all this hype that they are making with ilovebees.com . iF it lead up to a demo (Which I am 100% sure it will not be a SP, but there is maybe a 2% they will release a MP demo, as it is done) it would cause a ton of commotion/attention and thus, more sales.

Also note it is a couple of months FURTHER from HOliday season. Why would any business do that?

EDIT: "BTW, Halo 2 is going to be biggest selling game of all time, period, this just gives them a few more months and then CHristmas, and gives other games some chance at sales as well.... "
Yeah right. It won't break Top 5, I garuntee. Japan just isn't into it enough. Your dreaming if you think it can beat SMB3

This post has been edited by TheFrag: Aug 2 2004, 01:50 AM <

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

i dont think MS and bungie give 2 shits about other game sales.
Possibly a multi player demo will be released with oxm.  <

jesusphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

Well, again, there is all this other evidence....

11+9+4=24

MC strangling Terminator (Terminator game comes out the 24th?)   <

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesusphreak @ Aug 2 2004, 01:55 AM)
Well, again, there is all this other evidence....

11+9+4=24

MC strangling Terminator (Terminator game comes out the 24th?)

All this is doing is creating hype and keeping people talking about the game for a few months till the game is actually released. Could some sort of a demo be ready for release on the 24th? Sure it could, but to spend $$$ promoting a Nov. release only to ship it to stores early with no shelf and stock space awaiting it is not a sound financial move. Keep your fingers crossed for a demo here in August but you'll be waiting till Nov before you get the whole experience.  <

fahrenheit

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesusphreak @ Aug 2 2004, 12:19 PM)
You are kidding me...

All of that evidence and you don't believe it???

For me, the biggest clutch is the t-shirt that actually says, "11+9+4=24".....

This has pretty much been discredited.

http://bees.netninja.com/wiki/index.php?ti...afe_Shop_Shirts
 <

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

mmmm This is all blergh lol..... It could just be for hype or it might all be linked to send a secret message across to halo fans that halo 2 is coming out on August 24th.... Who knows? All I care about is getting my hands on Halo 2 when its ready.... This hype might only be for the demo lol.... Ohh well I am sure that Bungie are doing whats right if they release it early.... (I have already preordered and paid it all off) so I am set biggrin.gif

Wiggum

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

I just discovered this myself

http://www.rampancy....q=node/view/116

Halo was first released on Bungie.net on AUGUST 24

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

who really cares? when its out, we'll all find out, and we'll all go get it. no use speculating now.  We'll find out if all this crap is true in what, 23 days? so chill out and wait patiently  biggrin.gif

Jubei Yagyu

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

i guess we will see soon,
couldn't you have posted this in the already existing thread?  <

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (fahrenheit @ Aug 1 2004, 09:35 PM)
This has pretty much been discredited.

http://bees.netninja.com/wiki/index.php?ti...afe_Shop_Shirts

I knew it was a fake since day 1. People look at and are like hollys*** that is real and halo 2 is gona come out on the 24th, but damn that site is made to customize your own shirt. Why would believe that bungie made that!?

This post has been edited by MoeMan949222: Aug 2 2004, 04:58 AM <

dizturbd

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »

Memorable Quotes from
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995)

Fulton Greenwall: Bumbawe Atuna... Bumbawe Atuna...
Ace: Bumblebee tuna! Bumblebee tuna! Excuse me... Your balls are showing...
[smiles]
Ace: Bumblebee tuna!

Hmmmm, can of tuna on an ad for H2 with date of  11.09.04.  Bumblebee tuna is from Ace Venture: When nature calls.  Ace Ventura original release date in the U.S. as follows:

Release dates for
Country    Date
USA       10 November 1995

77 days to....

Country          Date
Poland     26 January 1996

Strange, but true.

This post has been edited by dizturbd: Aug 2 2004, 07:22 AM <
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22