xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lan-x  (Read 19 times)

FoRz4

• Archived User
Lan-x
« on: July 26, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

I hope this is fine with the xbox-scene guys. This lan is based on xbox games and mods more info to come. If im aloud.

Lan-X

This is where I introduce myself.  Im Nigel Jones,  I go by the name of FoRz4.  I used to be a pc Lan gamer, traveling up and down the country to play my fav games, namely Quake 1 2 & 3.
Ive attended some of the best Lans in europe. Ive been an online gamer for about 7 years. Ive played for Wales and the U.K  in  Quake 3. I enjoyed this scene and loved meeting fellow clan m8s. I want to try and recreate that scene here with xbox gamers.
What backround have I got running Lans ? I hear  you ask.  Well Ive run 6 all in all. Namely theEdge, Gamerthon, Quakeathon, Dragonlan. The most Ive had attend is 120 at Quakeathon,  where the best U.K clans turned up to do battle.
So why xbox . Well, I started to play xbox on system link, where HALO was the game of choice. When playing  a m8 I found myself wondering what it would be like to have real HALO CLANS ,there was nothing really to talk about on this type of scale. But i could see the xbox was an untapped resource and wanted to bring my experience and try and recreate it on a differant platform. Why i think this a great idea, Well with pc games like counter strike even Quake , there are Aim bots differant configs setups, plus people with more frames per second had an advantage , this all goes a long way to give an advantage to others. XBOX/s tho are all the same and give an equal frame rate configs cant be altered and cheating in games is so much harder.
Making the xbox the ideal platform to play at a top level.  And give a fair experience , what ever your gaming level.

HERES  a run down on what to expect. plus general guide lines.

1. WHAT IS A LAN ?

Lan stands for local area network. on xbox this is known as system link. By connecting a hub it enables you to connect more than one xbox to a server.

2. WHERE IS Lan-X BASED ?

Lan-X is based in cardiff wales. We will provide navigation and porters too meet people in city centre. We also will provide aid on setting up

3. Lan-X WHAT IS IT ?

Lan-x is a dedicated lan series based on the current XBOX console. The lan will be ranked based tournemants where you pitch yourself against the best in the uk , at all games.

4. WHAT DO I EXPECT TOO SEE AT Lan-X ?

What you will expect too see is games tournaments ranging from FPS,DRIVING, BEAT UM UPS,SPORTS SIMS. And many more
There will be a chillout arena aswell and movies arena still to be decided.

5. WHAT DO I BRING  ?

You bring your xbox all leads and ya tv oh and your self.

6. HOW MUCH IS IT AND WHAT DO I GET?

The 1 night event will cost £20inc. You will be dedicated space but please if you are coming with m8s make sure you book at the same time to garantee being next to one and another.Or if your a clan book as a clan.
All link cables and hubs supplied. Setup and support.

7. WHAT GAMES ?

Well this will change from time to time. BUT DEFINATES ARE HALO 1V1 2V2 4V4. PGR2. NFSU.FIFA2004.FIGHTNIGHT. SOUL CALIBUR. UNREAL.BURNOUT. MOTOGP2.AND MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED.open to suggestions.

8. DO I HAVE TO PAY TO ENTER GAMES ?

No the 20 pound is a one off fee and your entitled to enter all comps.

9. I HERE THERE IS A RETRO LEAGUE AND GIVE AWAY?

Yes we will be running a retro league aswell. Games/consoles to be announced.

10. WHAT DO I WIN IF I DO THAT IS?

Well all winners will get a lan-X tshirt.{BEST PRIZE EVER HEHE} free admission to next Lan-X A trophy  Winners certificate and prizes ranging from games to perpiphals. And our mighty cool Lan-X s-pad jewel.

11. WHAT ELSE WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE AT  Lan-X ?

Modded Xboxs ranging from case design to led mods/joypad mods.

12. OK NOW THATS ALL SAID AND DONE HERES A LOW DOWN.

SEAT PLUS SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS £20 INC THIS INCLUDES ENTRY TWO ALL GAMES.

PRIZES RANGE FROM LAN-X S-PAD JEWEL.T-SHIRTS ,MUGS , GAMES , PERIPHALS PLUS MORE FREE ADMISSION TO NEXT LAN.

GAME TYPES AND MODES -:

HALO  -: 1V1 , 2V2 , [4V4 BEST CLAN WINS HALO CUP] 4V4 GAME TYPES CTF , DEATHMATCH

PGR2 -: KUDOS CHALLENGE, BEST LAP TIME, OVERALL RACE CHAMPIONSHIP

NFSU -: BEST DRAG TIME , BESTLOOKING CAR

MOTOGP - : UP TOO 16 PLAYERS ON A GRID WORST QUALIFIERS ARE OUT =]

SOULCALIBUR -: 1V1 TOURNEY

DOA -: 1V1 TOURNEY PLUS TAG TEAM

FIFA -: TOURNEY COMPETITION

BURNOUT 2/3 -: BEST LAP TIMES , BEST CRASH SCORE

FIGHT NIGHT 2004 -: WEIGHT DIVISION TO BE DECIDED AND TOURNEY RULES

ALL OTHER GAMES NOT MENTIONED ALSO CONSIDERED IF I GET ALOT OF REQUESTS FOR SAME GAME.

Lan-X staff will be at your every need. Freindly staff will be at hand for your every need.

MORE NEWS SOON ANY REQUESTS PLS DONT HESITATE TO ASK EITHER EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

OR DROP ME A LINE ON 07963172782

We have a dedicated irc channel on quakenet #lan-x port 6667

WWW.LAN-X.COM COMING SOON.

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OFFER YOUR HAND OR EXPERIENCE TO Lan-X ID LOVE TO HERE FROM YOU.

Sites to check out

[www.xbox-scene.com]

[www.mrmodchips.com]

[www.ntsc-uk.com/]

Venue under nagociation  **** paying method still undecided **** 60 places maximum. **** 16 + over

PROOF OF IDENTITY MAY BE REQUIRED