xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You Guys, I Think, Made A  (Read 63 times)

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
You Guys, I Think, Made A
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 07:27:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (GREGWILLRULEYOU @ Jul 20 2003, 04:27 PM)
so um what did he do try and hack the forums? ph34r.gif

nvm i see it wink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Jul 20 2003, 11:16 AM)
Adam pulled a "Cheeri0" last night....

'nuff said.

Well, if that were the case, by your OWN standards, you would NOT have banned him.. now would you? I mean we fought and fought for MONTHS to get Cheerio banned...  It was like he had to murder someone to get banned.. Then you allow him to come right back as Beastie and just tell him to be nice...

But ya.. this is JUST LIKE Cheerio.. whatever...

You don't seem to understand the usage of the term "Cheeri0" - just as easily it could be called a "Bagel"

It's when somebody implodes, then explodes in a rush of improper threads and posts, getting worse as he is warned and muted.

It happens here more often than you think.

We often have people who come swaggering in here, posting crap they shouldn't, breaking the rules, then going ape when they are - appropriately so - moderated and warned. That you don't see a lot of it is because these are often posters who've done nothing else, and were clamped down before anybody really saw what happened. This is part of our job here. If you personally don't like it, then LEAVE.

...but it has nothing to do with your own complaints about how Cheeri0 moderated, which is an entirely differnet thing.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2003, 07:32:00 AM »

I was made a mod after Cheerio was banned, so I don't know what discussions went on concerning his demodding/banning.  I also barely ever went into General before becoming a mod, so I saw little of Cheerio or the debate surrounding him.

What I do know is that because people think they seem to have the run of this forum, we've come down on offenders a lot harder since I became a mod (not crediting myself...just using that as a timeline).  I can tell you that when someone acts like a child, they will see the consequences.  This includes threatening the mods, creating multiple accounts, impersonating mods, and setting up whiny polls.

EDIT:  This was in response to Ace's post...before BenJ clarified.

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

blink.gif

So was I right about mods wanting to discourage chat-room style conversations in threads ?  huh.gif

did anyone read my thought-out post ? no ? you mean I got a headach for nothing ... sad.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jul 20 2003, 12:27 PM)
Ok ! that answers my questions I asked a month ago about what it was like to be a mod ... and now I know for sure that it's no fun : well junk never is any fun especialy when you have to take it to the garbage bin all the time ...  blink.gif

So was I right about mods wanting to discourage chat-room style conversations in threads ?  huh.gif

did anyone read my thought-out post ? no ? you mean I got a headach for nothing ... sad.gif

I read your posts, and I'm kind of on the fence about this General Chat forum as a whole.  I think it was created with good intentions - to allow X-S members to socialize and discuss topics other than the Xbox so we could get to know each other better.  But now this forum has a lot of BS, and it sheds a poor light on X-S as a whole.  If you wiped General Chat, the post count would drop dramatically (wouldn't bother me) and the forum would be streamlined and technically-oriented.  You don't have to worry about this happening, because I'm probably one of the few that feel this way.  

To answer your question - general discussion is fine; offensive discussion is not.

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2003, 08:45:00 AM »

smile.gif

Xereo

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

Fist off, how was i acting like cheerio? of course i had to come back as different user. The only reason why i came back is to have Xeero demoted as mod. My Poll (that is now deleted!!!) showed that many do not want him as mod. When i left it it was like a 7-1 vote against him. I don't understand why that was deleted. And i threatened him? Trust me, if i wanted to pull somthjing off i could, but i neither have the will or time to do it. and i think my exact works "are you sure i don't intimidate you" only said becasue he said "you don't intimidate me". This is even silly to explain. Your making me sound like a 5 year old here. But seems i have to, to explain Xeero's actions. And my crew brought up good points about the tolerance with Cheerio compared to me. What happened when M3 made many polls showing that Cheerio was not wanted at times? they fought like cats and dogs.

here comes another poll to show that He is not wanted... and this time i would like for it to not be deleted.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xereo @ Jul 20 2003, 12:46 PM)
Your making me sound like a 5 year old here.

No, you are doing a fine job at that all by yourself.

Xeero will be here for a long time as a head moderator.

Don't like that? Leave.

Don't you have your own board to play in? This is Xantium's board, not YOURS, so stop acting like a pompous ass and either 1) abide by the rules, or 2) Vamoose.

Xereo

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »

Look, Ben. I do not appriciate your little comments. If no one wants a mod here, shouldn't they leave? really, answer me that. A perfect way to demestrate that would be a poll. correct? and to be honest, i don't like this place that much becasue of the mods, i came back to say whats up. then i leave. Thats what i have been doing, leave for 2-3 months peek my head in and say whats up, then leave. But no, i get a smart-ass comment by Xeero, then this started. I get many PM"s and public posts how Xeero is a tyrant and dick-head.

ALL i want is a poll that stays open. then i'll leave. Why isn't that feasible?

black_light

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »

and you guys wonder why all the vets are leaving. there sick of all this shit, cykiller, kaz, and all the others becasue the mods are having ther fucking periods.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xereo @ Jul 20 2003, 01:01 PM)
Look, Ben. I do not appriciate your little comments. If no one wants a mod here, shouldn't they leave? really, answer me that. A perfect way to demestrate that would be a poll. correct? and to be honest, i don't like this place that much becasue of the mods, i came back to say whats up. then i leave. Thats what i have been doing, leave for 2-3 months peek my head in and say whats up, then leave. But no, i get a smart-ass comment by Xeero, then this started. I get many PM"s and public posts how Xeero is a tyrant and dick-head.

ALL i want is a poll that stays open. then i'll leave. Why isn't that feasible?

Because it's been policy not to allow anti-mod polls to stand.

Why are you here? Xeero will not be demoted, period. IF you have a problem with it, LEAVE. Don't stay here and continue making an ass out of yourself trying to change things that you are powerless to change (and things that simply WON'T change). Just LEAVE.

It's just that simple.

baturkin17

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

i think we should wipe the general chat forum also.

i would like this site a hell of a lot better, and there would actually be talk of xbox, rather then

canstant flaming.

like someone said, the post count would aslo reflect your xbox knowledge more acuratly...

thats also a good thing.

black_light

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »

ok i tried to be nice. EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP. not only am i sick of this fighting shit but everyone else is too. adamn and xeero, settle this over a pm or aim or something this isint jerry springer. everyone else needs to stop this shit too, its all for attention. one person bashes someone else then EVERYONE reads it becasue its funny then it turns into a fucking war. i do agree with ben on one thing if u dont like how the board is set up FUCK YOU you dont have to piss and moan about it why you ask? BECASUE ITS NOT YOUR BOARD! now lock this thread and toss it to the garbage bin. shit is gonna happen and you dont need to get everyone involved and destroy the board like its been doing. i hope you guys can work this out and not fight like fucking 5 year olds.

black_light

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

dry.gif  shows how much this board is going downhill. unsure.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3