xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You Guys, I Think, Made A  (Read 62 times)

M3_DeL

• Archived User
You Guys, I Think, Made A
« on: July 20, 2003, 12:46:00 AM »

when and why was adam banned?

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

earlier today...bugging Xeero or something

M3_DeL

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »

oh.......ok.,......um........so no other details?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 02:34:00 AM »

didn't even know about this....what is he a hacker or sumat?

kooks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 03:35:00 AM »

not a hcker just someone with a different prospective and an antagonist personality. Sure he busted some (lame?) jokes towards a mod but that happens everywhere on the net. Chat rooms, forums, whatever, these types are everywhere and at least he had the balls to go after a mod rather than some pimply faced fat kid. Mods/chat hosts/channel ops will always resort to banning someone if they get rubbed the wrong way. Like ben jeremy says "there is no right to free speech" Its their forums and they can do whatever  they see fit. No big deal, im sure hes stubborn enough to make a new account or even obtain a new IP if thats how underhanded and dirty the mod wants to play. But all is fair ... right?

Jse

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 03:52:00 AM »

he should of been banned

if he was taking the piss out of a mod he should go
mods have autority here not us

its like walking up to a police officer taking the piss out of him and expecting nothing of course somethings gonna happen

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

well it's not the ban that troubles me : it's the fact that all his posts were deleted (or at least his count set back to zero) ...

Maybe they thought he was trying to get banned on purpose or somthing ? The whole thread in question has been totaly deleted ... wow ! amazing ...
It's like speeding : you never really think about the fines until you get caught out by the cops ... very sobering .

Oh well ! we'll just go play ells where , and maybe just come here to help newbies and learn ...  smile.gif

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jul 20 2003, 09:44 AM)
The whole thread in question has been totaly deleted ... wow ! amazing

They should have put it in the garbage bin for all to see so people could learn what not to do. But when it's deleted or moved (hidden) in the mods only forum. I start to wonder what they don't want us to see. Oh well. This thread will be history soon if the censors don't like it.

dssripper

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 06:11:00 AM »

Xeero,
If you don't like your website
just redo it. I will help you!
It is kinda gay, but we all
have to learn! Just let me know
when u wanna start!

Dss

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »

No it won't be deleted because we are trying to tell our restless members to calm down and just go with the flow ... I assume that the sponsors have asked for things to be regulated around here and the mods are just doing there job. Remember when one of our sponsors posted about how lame things were getting around here and we (I'm not sure if I did but I'll include myself anyway) just flamed him ? well that's not very smart is it ?
I think that the only reason the general forum is still open is to stop all the off topic posts from littering the tech forums .
Most of the new posts in general are all about : which should I buy/choose/install ? So maybe the mods are telling us to go have "conversation posts" ellswhere (like a chat room) ?

I think that they are making a mistake because the overall post count for x-s is going to drop and the sposors are not going to be pleased about that in the long run. But I respect the new rules and the mods, and I may very well be wrong . However ff you want to insult the mods then just go do it at the www.ifartinyourface.com forum ...

This is after all "Xbox Scene" , and some of us seem to have forgoten : we tend to think that x-s is some cool chat room. Over time we slowly changed : remember when we used to think "what's this got to do with xbox?" when we read threads about "what drugs r u on" and "what's your IP ?"  ... then those kind of waaay off topic threads became so common that we started to get upset whan any real xbox related question was posted and disturbed us.

Pull your socks up, stay focused (on xbox) and play nice !

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

His threads weren't deleted, they were just moved into another forum so the mods could review them.

And for the record N00bvin, although you aren't making any threats, Adm had.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

Adam pulled a "Cheeri0" last night....

'nuff said.

I moved a thread myself late last night; that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. He was welcome to post here untiul he started pulling all sorts of crap. It had nothing to do with any 'personal vendettas' or personality conflicts. When a person posts threads to be an asshole, they'll get removed from the public forums, when he persists in BEING an asshole, that member will be removed from X-S, period.

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

Adam pulled a "Cheeri0" last night....

'nuff said.

Well, if that were the case, by your OWN standards, you would NOT have banned him.. now would you? I mean we fought and fought for MONTHS to get Cheerio banned...  It was like he had to murder someone to get banned.. Then you allow him to come right back as Beastie and just tell him to be nice...

But ya.. this is JUST LIKE Cheerio.. whatever...

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

As Beastie_, he doesn't behave like an undomesticated jackass, so it's not a problem.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

jester.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3