xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 100% Original X-box And Amped Game  (Read 40 times)

rooicity

• Archived User
100% Original X-box And Amped Game
« on: October 09, 2002, 12:33:00 AM »

biggrin.gif ) and when i got home i installed the x-box and started playing. After playing for some 2 hours i shut down my x-box and went something to eat. After that i tried to play a dvd movie on my x-box and it went alright.

I inserted the amped game again but i constantly get the "error" screen : "x-box can not load bla bla bla not an x-box game, audio cd, dvd movie, check your cd on errors scratches and dirt bla bla bla"

After opening my dvd-player for about 7 times the game finally starts but when i am playing and finish a round the x-box tries to load something from the media again and baaaaam ...

the whole thing locks up again.

i had 3 times the error that tells me "this is not an x-box game bla bla" and 1 time my x-box just shutdowns completely. My TV gives the message no signal so the game ends and the x-box goes out.

After 6 times trying the game runs again and seems to work fine for now.

I've checked my amped cd and it is not dirty or badly scratched ( i have to say that for a game that's only 4 hours out of it's package and has only been in an x-box the cd looks kinda used )

My questions ?

Is there a known problem with x-boxes that do not load media well ?
Are there known problems with the amped game ?
should i go back to the store ?

I want to mod my x-box in the ( near ) future so i don't want them to give me an x-box from after 8-2002 but i can not test with other games because i don't have them.

All DVD movies seem to work perfect though

Thanx in advance for any ino you can give me
( and sorry for my english )

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 12:39:00 AM »

Look at the "bottom" of the AMP'd DVD. The side that has no labels.

Is it clean? Is it free of scratches? Are there NO fingerprints on it?
Turn it in the light to double check.

If all three answers are YES, you should either try another game and/or take it back.

If yet another game does the same thing, DEFINITELY take the xbox back and exchange it!

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 01:08:00 AM »

they bottom is free of fingerprints and clean ...

but their are some scratches on the bottom of the game.
the game was taken out of the original box the same day.

does my x-box make those small scratches on the bottom of my cd ?
i always am very cautious with all my cd's and dvd's and i am sure that the cd didn't get that scratches while lying around some where.

When my X-box has problems while playing ( so when the game succesful starts but while playing stops ) the game you can hear the dvd-player in the x-box make some noise because it is speeding up the cd and then slowing it down. Also the music in the game stops so i think the problem occurs when the x-box is trying to load music from the cd

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »

First out of curiosity, turn you Xbox over. On the sticker on the bottom there is a manufacturing date. What does it say?

This probably has nothing to do with your problem...

Anyway are the scratches circular "with" the DVD movement?

Or are they somewhat "linear". Something that would not have been made by the drive itself?

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2002, 01:26:00 AM »

it says 2002-05-09

the scratches are not linear but not complete circular ( i don't know if this is an english word ) like the dvd itself ...

the scratches are all within 1,5 cm from the outside of the cd and seem to move in a little bend to the outside

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2002, 02:02:00 AM »

Circular (yes this is correct!) scratches indicate contact of the DVD to the plastic while spinning.

Since the disk reads from the "outside" in, this may be the cause of the problem and why it did not happen at first.

It may not mean that anything is wrong with the Xbox itself. Sometimes the DVD disks may not be balanced very well and will wobble as they spin causing the scratches.

You might want to take both the Xbox and the disk back to where you purchased it and demonstrate the problem.

If they give you a new unit (or not), have them try one of their disks and check it for scratches afterwards.

There were some initial reports of some Japanese Xboxes scratching disks. I don't think that this was limited to Japan and is more of an issue with disk contact than anything else.

Remember it could just be that the Amp'd disk itself is just bad.

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2002, 02:35:00 AM »

thanx guys ...

i will try some more testing this evening and when i still get problems i will return to the store ....

it's so fucking frustrating to constantly restart your x-box