xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Official Dashboard Retail 4627 Thread  (Read 19 times)

Capt Marvel

• Archived User
Official Dashboard Retail 4627 Thread
« on: August 12, 2002, 01:23:00 PM »

Can some resident Xpert explain Dashboard Retail 4627....Im sure people are bound to ask.

jlm5151

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 01:33:00 PM »

All it is, is the new dashboard for the 4627 retail xboxes. Nothing too much different, the memory menu changed somewhat and Complex added region free dvd capability.

Capt Marvel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 07:08:00 AM »

This might help

Xbox Bios confusion
>> With all the releases today it looks like alot of people are a bit confused.
Todays releases :

*COMPLEX.Bios.Debug.4627.And.MS.Debug.Dashboard.XBOX-COMPLEX
The 4627 DEBUG Bios & Dashboard have been converted to run on a retail xbox. Has all 3 hacks : no-patch , no-reset & HDD-swap.
This release is NOT made for normal users , it's only for developpers.
You can NOT boot original games with this BIOS & DASHBOARD.

*COMPLEX.Bios.Retail.4132.And.4627.XBOX-COMPLEX
New BIOS version for 'normal' users. Has all 3 hacks : no-patch , no-reset & HDD-swap. These Complex BIOS versions are also able to run debug signed executables.
There are 2 files in this release , one based on the 4132 BIOS and one of the 4627 BIOS. Several people reported 4627 does not boot originals either , so use 4132.

*MS.DASHBOARD.RETAIL.4627.XBOX-COMPLEX
The new MS dashboard that will come with the new Xbox version. (4627)
Nothing really changed here except a new saved-games management. Complex also removed the DVD Region from this dashboard.

*EvoX 2.3
An unofficial EvoX release (not released by Team EvoX). It's based on EvoX2.2
It has all 3 hacks in 1 (like the X-ecuter BIOS) : no-patch , no-reset & HDD-swap.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 12:15:00 PM »

I haven't tried the dashboard, but REMEMBER: If you replace your original M$ dashboard, SAVE the original M$ dashboard!!! Rename it for later restoration, since that original file is the ONLY one that will work if you have to return to the original BIOS for whatever reason.

This new dashboard will not have the proper signature to run in an unmodded box (i.e if you remove Evo-X in the future and replace the Dashboard and disable/remove the BIOS)

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2002, 04:14:00 PM »

I remember back when the modchips first came out there was a way to tell what bios you had by looking at the info screen on the M$ dashboard, the 3944 wouldn't say shit but the 4043 would say 4043 at the end somewhere.....

but on this dashboard it says something like:

K:1.00.3944.01
D:1.00.4627.01

does anyone's say something different for there version of xbox? cuz im running the 3944 bios and found it odd that it says 3944 in there...

I just want to know what it means....

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2002, 06:51:00 AM »

yea I realized that once I put it on a friends box......

so basicly it can sence what you got and run on other kernals.... then BenJeremy's statement about it not running without a modchip might not hold to be true... in this case anyway.... but it was patched to be region free DVD that might have an affect...

umm and this dashboard is no different then my old one..... I noticed no difference in how it manages saves or anything... maybe its something you can't see... hrm