xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Flash Teh Hitachi/lg Drive?  (Read 199 times)

jiveabillion

• Archived User
How To Flash Teh Hitachi/lg Drive?
« on: May 21, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

I finally got a 360 premium package today. I brought it home to find out it had the Hitachi drive in it. I had been reading alot about the flashing of the Toshiba/Samsung drives, but I dont see anything about the Hitachi. Is it now more difficult to flash than the T/S? How do I do it? Does the KeyDrive program work with the Hitachi? Someone explain this all to me or point me in the right direction please.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

There is no hack released for the Hitachi/LG.  That's why.

This post has been edited by deadparrot: May 21 2006, 02:19 PM

jiveabillion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

So I just have bad luck huh?

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

The core systems are currently more likely to get the Samsungs in them. Why i don't know but it was on the XS main page a few days ago.

jiveabillion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

I exchanged my xbox for another one last night. This one has the Hitachi/LG too. Is the Hitachi/LG drive much harder to dump and flash firmware than on the TS? I am just wondering because it seems as though whoever was working on the firmware just gave up on the Hitachi.  Everyone is all about the TS now.  It seems like most of the newer 360s are coming with the Hitachi, so why does it seem like everyone has forgotten about it?  Is it not possible to hack? I'm having a hard time finding information on it.

s0ftm0d

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

They are diff firmwares.  Currently there is no hack for the hitachi one.

Morlok8k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(jiveabillion @ May 22 2006, 05:07 AM) *
I exchanged my xbox for another one last night. This one has the Hitachi/LG too. Is the Hitachi/LG drive much harder to dump and flash firmware than on the TS? I am just wondering because it seems as though whoever was working on the firmware just gave up on the Hitachi.  Everyone is all about the TS now.  It seems like most of the newer 360s are coming with the Hitachi, so why does it seem like everyone has forgotten about it?  Is it not possible to hack? I'm having a hard time finding information on it.

The Hitachi should be hacked soon. It's possible to hack it, and reading the firmware is just as easy as the Samsung.  be patient and good things will come.  its not like these hacks magically appear or something.

rwk71

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

i have 2 LG drives for my 360. the extra i bought from Ebay . when connected to my box the "spare" lets the box boot as normal. and also plays dvd movies as normal. but not games because of incorrect key. so i extracted my key from original drive with KeyDrive Xtractor|Patcher v1.5 then pulled the firmware from the spare drive and patched my key into the firmware. now my question is where can i find a tutorial to flash the sapre so it will have the firmware with the matching key. just as a test to take a crack at the flashing process. everything i have found for flashing the LG isnt very clear so i dont know what prog to use etc....
can anyone help?