xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Error  (Read 682 times)

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« on: November 19, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

I just got my 360 in the mail from Mountain Dew about an hour ago. I turned it on and completed the intial setup and then turned it off to go get some games. I have Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo. I was going to play Perfect Dark Zero so I turned on the 360 and it booted up to the Xbox Live tab. I looked away from the TV for a few second to get PD0 out of the case and then when I looked back the 360 had an odd white screen and wouldn't respond to my wireless controller or remote.

Now if I turn it it has a black screen and 3 of the 4 sections of the power button "ring" are flashing red. If its standing up vertical the ones that flash are both lower sections and the top left section. The top right section is just off.  If I wait around 10 minutes the 360 works again but only for a short amount of time before doing the same thing all over again.

Any Ideas? I believe this HAS to be one of the first 360 fuck ups. It did this not even 15 minutes after I got it.

** Bill, GO TO HELL! **

Edit: Also it sounds like a spring of some sort may be loose, because if I jingle the 360 I think I can hear something sliding across the motherboard.

This post has been edited by darkblizzard: Nov 19 2005, 08:23 PM

sbeeze

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

yeah i got mone tuesday from the pepsi be first to play contest here in canada and got the exact same thing. worked for a  little then turned it off came back and it was flashing the 3 lights.  have been promised a return box to get it fixed by m$ everyday since then but it never shows up. just getting the run around over and over.

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(sbeeze @ Nov 19 2005, 02:52 PM)
yeah i got mone tuesday from the pepsi be first to play contest here in canada and got the exact same thing. worked for a  little then turned it off came back and it was flashing the 3 lights.  have been promised a return box to get it fixed by m$ everyday since then but it never shows up. just getting the run around over and over.

Did u hear any loose pieces in it? Especially near the DVD Drive?

Dipset_Juelz

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

is there some kinda of serial numbers we can make a stickied thread about to see if its only within a set.

shrededge

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkblizzard @ Nov 19 2005, 08:21 PM)
I just got my 360 in the mail from Mountain Dew about an hour ago. I turned it on and completed the intial setup and then turned it off to go get some games. I have Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo. I was going to play Perfect Dark Zero so I turned on the 360 and it booted up to the Xbox Live tab. I looked away from the TV for a few second to get PD0 out of the case and then when I looked back the 360 had an odd white screen and wouldn't respond to my wireless controller or remote.

Now if I turn it it has a black screen and 3 of the 4 sections of the power button "ring" are flashing red. If its standing up vertical the ones that flash are both lower sections and the top left section. The top right section is just off.  If I wait around 10 minutes the 360 works again but only for a short amount of time before doing the same thing all over again.

Any Ideas? I believe this HAS to be one of the first 360 fuck ups. It did this not even 15 minutes after I got it.

** Bill, GO TO HELL! **

Edit: Also it sounds like a spring of some sort may be loose, because if I jingle the 360 I think I can hear something sliding across the motherboard.

Sounds like a heat problem... I have been reading other forums and you are not the only one.. I think the heatsinks are comming loose in shipping...

sbeeze

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

well it sounds like there maybe somthing rolling around in there, i noticed that right away. i dunno i just want it replaced asap.

OC-NightHawk

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

You could peel back the sticker and put the heatsink back inplace your self. Theres also the chance the fan isn't working. When done glue the sticker back dow. One fixed 360 with warenty intact.

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(OC-NightHawk @ Nov 19 2005, 03:25 PM)
You could peel back the sticker and put the heatsink back inplace your self. Theres also the chance the fan isn't working. When done glue the sticker back dow. One fixed 360 with warenty intact.

I think thats right

Freezing 360 = Longer Playtime

:)

Although its sort of hard to keep freezing my 360 to play it

edit: i attempted to open my 360 without fucking it up but it didnt look like i was gonna succeed in opening it without detection so I stopped. I WANNA FIX THIS!

This post has been edited by darkblizzard: Nov 19 2005, 11:17 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

this is a great sign of things to come.

Arakon

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

if either of those huge heatsinks had come off, you wouldn't hear "rattling", those things weigh a shitload, especially the copper one. and I doubt they could come off.. they are each secured with four screws and a metal framing to boot.. although the metal framing (the "X" below each heatsink) could possibly come off I suppose, if they got knocked hard enough.

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

Its not like theres a whole lot of room inside the 360. If something comes off then theres really no where for it to go. It might just move a tiny bit, but its not going to be sliding from one end of the mobo to the other.....

caudill44

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

I am having the same problem.   I think it may be a hard drive issue.  I called customer service and they said to remove hard drive, reattach and reboot. Worked like that for a while before same error.  I now have removed hard drvie complete with no problems as of now.

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(caudill44 @ Nov 19 2005, 05:11 PM)
I am having the same problem.   I think it may be a hard drive issue.  I called customer service and they said to remove hard drive, reattach and reboot. Worked like that for a while before same error.  I now have removed hard drvie complete with no problems as of now.

No it is overheating. Freeze ur Xbox for like 30 - 35 minutes and it will work but only for about 7 minutes or so. You might be able to freeze it longer to get it colder but im not sure if that will hurt it. Try putting fans on it too. It's not a HD issue.

When you freeze it you will see that it works until all the coldness of the case is gone. AKA...overheating

This post has been edited by darkblizzard: Nov 20 2005, 12:18 AM

VariableElite

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

Guys, don't freeze your Xboxes.

In the electronic world, a device that A) runs fine initially but shows signs of defect after a period of time, B) won't restart or shows the same signs when restarted, until C) you leave it alone for a while can generally be resolved to a heat issue.

Sticking your 360 in a freezer is pointless, and may actually cause more damage as condensation builds up inside the console.

If you're absolutely insistent on running your 360 into the ground, get a nice strong fan and point it at the ventilation holes. This probably won't help, but it will mitigate the heat issue a bit.

And if MS has made it obvious that they're not going to replace your console, just repair it, my professional advice is to LEAVE THE SUCKER OFF. You don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Yes, it sucks that you can't play it. But do you want your free console to turn into a $300 repair bill because you absolutely had to play PDZ for 8 minutes at a time?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Error
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Nov 19 2005, 08:27 PM)
Guys, don't freeze your Xboxes.

In the electronic world, a device that A) runs fine initially but shows signs of defect after a period of time, B) won't restart or shows the same signs when restarted, until C) you leave it alone for a while can generally be resolved to a heat issue.

Sticking your 360 in a freezer is pointless, and may actually cause more damage as condensation builds up inside the console.

If you're absolutely insistent on running your 360 into the ground, get a nice strong fan and point it at the ventilation holes. This probably won't help, but it will mitigate the heat issue a bit.

And if MS has made it obvious that they're not going to replace your console, just repair it, my professional advice is to LEAVE THE SUCKER OFF. You don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Yes, it sucks that you can't play it. But do you want your free console to turn into a $300 repair bill because you absolutely had to play PDZ for 8 minutes at a time?

It's free everything...This is a promotion.
Pages: [1] 2 3