xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Officially Released In Mexico - Feb 2 2006  (Read 140 times)

Zaetha

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Officially Released In Mexico - Feb 2 2006
« on: February 04, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

XBOX 360 officially released in Mexico - Feb 2 2006

The Xbox was released at 0:00 on February 2. On stores like Samborns (www.samborns.com.mx) and Liverpool (www.liverpool.com.mx) the Xbox 360 was delivered just to fulfill the preorders, started in December 05. It was just a bit less than impossible to obtain a 360. Some other stores like SAMS (www.sams.com.mx) and GamePlanet (www.gameplanet.com) obtained more to sell at retail, but the 360 vanished from stock. 2 days later, i was lucky to obtain a preordered 360 on Samborns that someguy forgot he preordered or didn't had the money to buy it at the time. The 360 costs $4,999.00 pesos (like $500 dlls.) and the Core version $3,999.00 pesos (like $400 dlls.). The $49 dlls. US (Kameo, PGR3) games have a price of $600 pesos (like 60 dlls.).

Opening the box the first thing I noticed is a green paper warning about moving the console while a disk is still inside. Good move (pun not intended). And they still include that limited remote controller.

On a funny note, the counter going backwards trying to reach that hour at www.xbox.com.mx stopped at that time and nothing happened until 24 hours later, which was replaced with a picture of a guy holding an XBOX 360 inside a store. Is sad, this enforces my perception that the mexican Xbox market is a "bonus" for the american market. But seeing after the demand in USA and to intead release here, is a sign of commitment with us. They are better than Sony or Nintendo here, selling their consoles at $400 dollars, even $600, and then MS came with the Xbox at $200, Xbox Live and a national support center, and a mexican warranty. That won me, and a lot of mexicans. The Xbox is very strong here because of their commitment with us, the market.

The XBox 360 is great! YAY!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

explosive2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

Yeap, you could have however get it since Nov22nd in Guadalajara.
It was however $9000pesos ($900dls) for the Core at that time.
And you could only get it in Flea Markets over there in November.
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Zaetha

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(explosive2 @ Feb 4 2006, 06:54 PM) *

Yeap, you could have however get it since Nov22nd in Guadalajara.
It was however $9000pesos ($900dls) for the Core at that time.
And you could only get it in Flea Markets over there in November.

Yes, in Mercado Libre (www.mercadolibre.com.mx) (its a eBay-like online marketplace) you could obtain one too, but that price was restrictive for me. I even can't afford games right now, i'm playing Halo and Hexic until the next payday at work.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Edited: Grammar mistakes.

This post has been edited by Zaetha: Feb 5 2006, 02:02 AM

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

a friend of mine got it thursday morning @ gameplanet (monterrey) ... i'm still waiting for best buy to have some premium i went there on thursday (el paso tx..) and they only had cores ...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Zaetha

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(kics @ Feb 4 2006, 07:10 PM) *

a friend of mine got it thursday morning @ gameplanet (monterrey) ... i'm still waiting for best buy to have some premium i went there on thursday (el paso tx..) and they only had cores ...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm sorry to hear that. Here in Monterrey, at least, there where a lot more 360 than Cores. I bet some american people (states near México, like Texas or California) could had better luck preordering in Mexico than in their own country. Although the next batch of 360 in the USA is near, so i can't say for sure.

Anyway, good luck.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

SharkUW

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Good to hear that another country has been released. That's another step towards satisfying the scarcity at retail outlets.

US Nationalist

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

haha... I'm surprised people can even afford it there

and a correction to original post, 360 games here are $59, not $49

Zaetha

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 4 2006, 09:25 PM) *

First party games are $49, the ones I said. And after seeing your nick, your comments doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm really getting tired of those racist comments. Half of my post on X-S are for complaining about those kind of comments. And they're just for replies about my own posts. I thought people here could be better that that, but maybe i'm wrong.

This post has been edited by Zaetha: Feb 5 2006, 04:37 AM

explosive2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 4 2006, 07:25 PM) *

Well, they can certainly afford them there since they were buying them for $900 which is 3 times their original value (probably more than what you paid).

US Nationalist

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zaetha @ Feb 4 2006, 09:28 PM) *

First party games are $49, the ones I said. And after seeing your nick, your comments doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm really getting tired of those racist comments. Half of my post on X-S are for complaining about those kind of comments. And they're just for replies about my own posts. I thought people here could be better that that, but maybe i'm wrong.

racist? how ignorant of you, bud

first off, take the quarterpipe out of your ass and open your mind a little, you just might laugh a little more

secondly, Nationalism has nothing to do with racism, they're actually contradicting to each other

Just because I realize Americans and our Nation are quite better than any other country in the world doesn't constitute me being a racist.  Look up "racism" in the dictionary sometime.

Zaetha

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 4 2006, 10:04 PM) *

racist? how ignorant of you, bud

first off, take the quarterpipe out of your ass and open your mind a little, you just might laugh a little more

secondly, Nationalism has nothing to do with racism, they're actually contradicting to each other

Just because I realize Americans and our Nation are quite better than any other country in the world doesn't constitute me being a racist.  Look up "racism" in the dictionary sometime.

First of all, i could had a laugh or two about that, if you were smart enough to do a creative joke.

Second, statements doesn't come in one flavor, has many meanings and thats why there are misunderstandings in the world. Maybe you think your country is better than others, but your statement wasn't about your country, was about our economical status.

Third, nationalism and racism don't contradict them at all, in fact, they are tighted at each other.

But maybe i'm overreacting... there were many post about my nationality here on XS that i'm like on a bias. If that wasn't your intention, I apologize.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 5 2006, 12:25 AM) *

Just because you live in Mexico doesnt mean that you are broke. Their are Mexicans with more money than you, look at it like that.

This post has been edited by Master X: Feb 5 2006, 05:26 AM

US Nationalist

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zaetha @ Feb 4 2006, 10:17 PM) *

First of all, i could had a laugh or two about that, if you were smart enough to do a creative joke.

Second, statements doesn't come in one flavor, has many meanings and thats why there are misunderstandings in the world. Maybe you think your country is better than others, but your statement wasn't about your country, was about our economical status.

Third, nationalism and racism don't contradict them at all, in fact, they are tighted at each other.

But maybe i'm overreacting... there were many post about my nationality here on XS that i'm like on a bias. If that wasn't your intention, I apologize.

Indeed, statements are misinterpreted sometimes.  Let me reiterate, though, that Nationalism and racism simply can not go together, not in a Nation like the United States, anyway. Nationalism is meant to unite a country; racism just further divides it.  And if you must know, personally, I'm not racist, and can't stand racism; I have quite a few aquaintances that are of different races.  If you must debate this issue, though, either IM me or have one of us start a thread in the political forum, because this is all a little off-topic to what you originally posted about.

Zaetha

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 4 2006, 10:25 PM) *

Indeed, statements are misinterpreted sometimes.  Let me reiterate, though, that Nationalism and racism simply can not go together, not in a Nation like the United States, anyway. Nationalism is meant to unite a country; racism just further divides it.  And if you must know, personally, I'm not racist, and can't stand racism; I have quite a few aquaintances that are of different races.  If you must debate this issue, though, either IM me or have one of us start a thread in the political forum, because this is all a little off-topic to what you originally posted about.

I think the same, cheers on that. I'm like paranoid around here with the inusual amount of jokes about my nationality. No prob, and i do think US rock, 'cause this topic, the Xbox, comes from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

Gbeav

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Feb 4 2006, 09:04 PM) *

Like you know what other countries are like. With that attitude you probably couldn't point out the USA on a globe.