xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Xbox 360/live Spec Leak...  (Read 5053 times)

miggidy

• Archived User
Xbox 360/live Spec Leak...
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ May 11 2005, 02:36 PM)
Thats only if $ony makes their PS3 easy to program for. We already know that the PS3 will be more powerful, but power is worthless unless it is put to good use.

We don't know if the PS3 will be more powerful.
All we know is that it will sport a Cell cpu and Nvidia will provide the gpu.
But even then, we don't know their specs....

jaskerzada006

• Archived User
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

According to Moore's Law....it would be.

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

According to Moore's Law....it (the playstation 2) would be. (more powerful)

You can tell Moore to cram his law up his @$$.

Sony said that the PS2 would deliver Pixar like graphics (wich it obviously didn't) through the amazing "emotion" engine.  sony has a hype machine that is pure propaganda, with very little truth dehind it.  while the PS3 may be more powerful than an X360 when computing a single operation, the X360 will probably work more effectively in a video gaming situation with many threads of information requireing processing (audio, video, physics, etc).

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ May 11 2005, 07:57 PM)

Sony said that the PS2 would deliver Pixar like graphics (wich it obviously didn't) through the amazing "emotion" engine.  sony has a hype machine that is pure propaganda, with very little truth dehind it.  while the PS3 may be more powerful than an X360 when computing a single operation, the X360 will probably work more effectively in a video gaming situation with many threads of information requireing processing (audio, video, physics, etc).

I keep telling myself that but it's looking doubtful with even Ninty having 4 cores for CPU and 2 cores for GPU.

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 11 2005, 08:59 PM)
I keep telling myself that but it's looking doubtful with even Ninty having 4 cores for CPU and 2 cores for GPU.

my ass nintendo would never fork out for that,there run by investors they can decide that and the way this gen went i dont think there willing to loose money on consoles as much as sony and ms are

azninvasion

• Archived User
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

You know....  With the power of the new xbox, 3x3.2ghz and each having two threads, making 6 threads total.  I think it will be possible to use the xbox2 to compute the (rsa, key?) used to encrypte games for the original xbox.  And the fact that the xbox 2 will probably be compatible with the original xbox would allow us to sign custom programs with the same key used to sign original xbox programs for them to work on the xbox2.  The xbox2 hacking the xbox..  Interesting.

Alkane

• Archived User
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

Does anyone miss the intelligent chatter from xboxhacker?  : ((

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ May 11 2005, 03:06 PM)
All we know is that it will sport a Cell cpu and Nvidia will provide the gpu.
But even then, we don't know their specs....

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ May 11 2005, 03:57 PM)

Sony said that the PS2 would deliver Pixar like graphics (wich it obviously didn't) through the amazing "emotion" engine.  sony has a hype machine that is pure propaganda, with very little truth dehind it.  while the PS3 may be more powerful than an X360 when computing a single operation, the X360 will probably work more effectively in a video gaming situation with many threads of information requireing processing (audio, video, physics, etc).

Yeah we kinda do. The CPU in the PS2 vs the CPU in the xbox vs gamecube CPU........the ps2 one was faster/better yet a pain to program for.
The only thing that gave the Gamecube and the xbox a graphical edge was the fact that they had GPU's. If the PS2 had a GPU that wasnt emulated(silly emotion engine) it woult have killed the other two systems.
Now the PS3 will have, once again, the super CPU of the consoles. They will also use a GPU, from Nvidia, thats right the company that made xbox games look so good. $ony likes to push the boundries of technology, but with a cost. The ease of programing. The PS2 is a powerful little bitch, yet is far from having its full potential ever being reached, plus it has no GPU. The PS3 will no doubt be the king of hardware. If we ever see that, through games, is another story.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]