xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Next Gen Games, Info & Screenshots  (Read 2826 times)

whet1134

• Archived User
Next Gen Games, Info & Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 2 2005, 04:19 PM)
Hey Whet you think we could get a sticky?  beerchug.gif

atomheartmother

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

http://www.gamercent...iewnews&id=3645
Looks like scarface might be 360 bound.

atomheartmother

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

Added the scarface link but the Project Delta one just gives me gibberish... I'll try again tonight at home.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

just added:

http://www.alanwake.com/

It looks like the Oblivion Game Engine...
Also note the screen shots in are in 720p format  beerchug.gif

devguy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

Avalon Automotive Combat

Wow, that sounds extremely gay.  But at the same time, freakin' awesome...

The only thing I can think of that sounds remotely like that is Twisted Metal which was extremely weird, but surprisingly fun.  If I had a PSP, I would make Twisted Metal my first game....

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »

Actually my all time favorite Automotive combat game was Interstate '76 for the PC (the sequel was Interstate '82 I believe, but it wasn't as good)... those games kicked total ASS  beerchug.gif

TM2 was awesome but I like the Battle mode in San Fran 2049 much better... it's so stupidly simple and fun... not to mention it's much better with 4 players instead of just 2 with a bunch of bots  dry.gif

There were some other Automotive combat games, I remember I had Vigilante 8 for my Dreamcast... and though I've never played it what about Carmageddon?

That also depends on how far you want to take the genre... is it any game with weapons? if so then there is a lot more, games like WipeOut. I think the best definition would be weapons with an arena... but that still includes games like Mario Kart  laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

you ever play I76 though? it might be worth pulling out of a PC Game bargain bin for $5  laugh.gif

you could choose from a slue of 70s and older cars including things like campers and school busses then you could setup all your armor and choose your own weapons... where to mount them on your car etc. It was about as customizable as one of the Gran Torismo games but with armor and weapons  laugh.gif

It had network play too, it was the first PC game I ever played online.

If this game is anything like that it will be friggin AWESOME on live.  beerchug.gif

mastergwaha

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

word to that whet. i played TM2 to the bone man. then to dust. yeah rogue trip was like crazy taxi + twisted metal. strange how that genre kinda dissapeared...

and when will i get a NEW BOMBERMAN game!?!?? god i love that game.

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(mastergwaha @ May 6 2005, 03:49 PM)
word to that whet. i played TM2 to the bone man. then to dust. yeah rogue trip was like crazy taxi + twisted metal. strange how that genre kinda dissapeared...

and when will i get a NEW BOMBERMAN game!?!?? god i love that game.

I think the car combat genre disappearred for two reasons.  1.) If the original game couldn't win droves of people in the form of Twisted Metal Black, nothing would.  and 2.) There was no creativity left in the genre.  How many times can you stick weapons to a car and hope people buy the game.  It needs a redefining game.  A game with a believable story and great action.  I really think we'll get that on PS3 unless they resurrect the Rouge Trip game.  

And my life outside of video games would end if an Xbox2 version of Bomberman came out.  I would cease to function in society. :lol:

mastergwaha

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  sigh... reminds me of my sega channel  sad.gif  
what type of genre IS bomberman btw?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(mastergwaha @ May 6 2005, 01:16 PM)
yeah and give it online =  ohmy.gif  sigh... reminds me of my sega channel  sad.gif 

raydn

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

' LONDON, UK – 29 April 2005 – The Atari Group today announced the main titles that will be on display at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles from May 18-20. The line-up includes a balanced mix of original productions and internationally renowned franchises. Atari also announced the release of Test Drive Unlimited, the Company’s first title for next-generation console systems. '

' Test Drive® Unlimited (Next-generation console)
Developed by Eden Games, Test Drive® Unlimited offers an exceptional driving experience on next-generation console. From behind the wheel of the most incredible supercars on the planet, players navigate through more than 1000 miles of spectacularly diverse landscapes on one of Hawaii’s most beautiful islands. For each vehicle, players can select from stock models or customise the vehicle to suit their own skills and abilities. Cars and bikes can be test driven or entered into online competitions for all the thrills of a white-knuckle road race. In time players can become real pros, earning their own garage to create customised models and push them to the limit on the open road. '

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

Just to note:  TeamXbox has the new DarkSector Teaser up.  It looks pretty slick, reminding me of the Halo2 teaser we got a while ago, but I'm hoping for a tad more in November.  Reminds me of a mix between Doom3, Halo2, and MGS.  Maybe it'll be a winner, we'll see.

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6