xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Homebrew + Xlink  (Read 122 times)

lantus

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« on: December 10, 2003, 01:41:00 PM »

hi guys,

ive been trying to get my port of QuakeX working over XLink. I need a few pointers if possible

last night myself, fluke and iretch from #xboxhacker set ourselves up, we could see each others xbox's in the local and remote xbox list, but no matter who ran a server - we couldnt connect to each other even though it appeared to have some activity in the incoming/outgoing packets status.

it works fine on a normal pc lan, so XLink should be able to manage it ?

if any XLink devs or gurus can drop me a line here or email me, pm me on irc or email at [email protected] that would be great. Ive got some homebrew stuff waiting in the wings to get 'XLink ready' if possible, stuff like Quake, Doom, Duke Nukem etc

cheers

lantus

flat235

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »

Hi man,

Did you set the homebrew Xbox IP address in the Advanced config bit? That, and the necessity for all xboxes in the game to be on the same subnet cause most of the Homebrew problems..

I'll catch u on IRC sometime if it doesnt work - and oh yeah - you should all use version 2.2.4 (pinned) - it fixes some homebrew bugs..

TD

ps. Incidentaly, I believe Wishi may be working on a wrapper for the "real" syslink part of xbox games - ie where they're all 0.0.0.1 .. if so, integrating that would take all the IP address based pain out of homebrewing - and XLink would support ure games just like retail stuff.. ;)

Keep up the good work (I love the new quake port..)

jz28

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Dec 10 2003, 05:30 PM)
hi guys,

ive been trying to get my port of QuakeX working over XLink. I need a few pointers if possible

last night myself, fluke and iretch from #xboxhacker set ourselves up, we could see each others xbox's in the local and remote xbox list, but no matter who ran a server - we couldnt connect to each other even though it appeared to have some activity in the incoming/outgoing packets status.

it works fine on a normal pc lan, so XLink should be able to manage it ?

if any XLink devs or gurus can drop me a line here or email me, pm me on irc or email at [email protected] that would be great. Ive got some homebrew stuff waiting in the wings to get 'XLink ready' if possible, stuff like Quake, Doom, Duke Nukem etc

cheers

lantus

Lantus, I am not a dev, but I do support from time to time...first off, thanks for all of your hard work and dedication, we all appreciate it very much.

Secondly, I will say that several of our users have tried the x-port emu's and things have worked just fine.

Lemme know what your setup is (wireless, router, etc...) and if you have the ports forwarded, and I will do whatever I can to help ya out :)

- Jmel

lantus

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 02:59:00 PM »

yep - we all set ourselves up in the homebrew tab and confirmed we were on the same subnet. No dice.

Im not certain that we were all on 2.2.4 though - ill check into it first

jz28 im currently at work, but ill try get some info posted on my setup when i get home later on

lantus - eager to get some Quake deathmatches going on XLink ;)

flat235

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

Thats probably the problem then - homebrew was broken in 2.2.2 ..

Hit me up on msn messenger if u want - [email protected]

TD

lantus

• Archived User
Homebrew + Xlink
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

ah, hopefully an easy solution then ;)

ill update you tonight when i get home from work