xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cheating On Xbc/xlink  (Read 389 times)

Zanime

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« on: May 23, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

I am playing against these insanely good Halo players.  I am wondering if they are cheating or not.  I would shoot them like 5 times with the Sniper and they wouldn't die.

Is it possiable to cheat?

I hope not.

Spency234

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:56:00 AM »

Yes it is very possible and it does happen.  If you don't like cheating the only option is LIVE, and unfortunately no Halo on LIVE.

fezzman

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

You'll find most of the "impossible" players on xbc are using timers to tell them when the power ups are available.  This way they can ensure that they always have the o/s, r/l, a/c.  See, the power ups respawn over and over at regular intervals from the beginning of the game.  This knowledge can ge exploited.

Aside from that I did witness some blatant cheating two nights ago on XBC.  We were playing hang em high and twice witnessed impossible jumps from the floor up to the ledge below our flag.  They weren't high jumping all the time so it wasn't very obvious unless if you just happened to catch them.

I was under the impression that if someone uses the trainer it will cause the system to go out of sync in system link.  Is this not also the case with XBC?  I just don't see any other way of pulling off the jumps they were making.  A friend and I tried over and over again to find a way to jump up there last night (by trying to jump on a tombstone first) and it just doesn't seem to be possible.

Zanime

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

Thanks for the information.

Now I know why I have to hit some people with 3 frag grandes in order to kill them.

green_beetle

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (fezzman @ May 26 2004, 12:03 AM)
A friend and I tried over and over again to find a way to jump up there last night (by trying to jump on a tombstone first) and it just doesn't seem to be possible.

those things are tombstones?

CoRP5e

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ May 25 2004, 12:56 PM)
Yes it is very possible and it does happen.  If you don't like cheating the only option is LIVE, and unfortunately no Halo on LIVE.

Trailer

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

nah corpse there rnt that many hacks on live, apart from the old games, but now there really crackin down on it n makin it almost impossible to hack, n if u do they patch it lol

Trailer

SolidJoe

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

I can't speak for all games, but I do know for a fact about cheating on halo. The only cheats you can do are the ones that don't modify the physics of the game. For example, you cannot use a trainer. When it's on, the game will run fine, but as soon as something that was supposed to happen doesn't (ie a warthog runs you over, but you don't die, or you jump too high) then the game forces the other connection to quit and it goes out of sync and goes to a "Game Ended in a Draw" screen. You can use a glass walls hack, which modifys the walls on your local map to be seethrough (caves, pillars, everything). This is how some people snipe you instantly when you come out of somewhere, but its generally harder than easier to use. You can also do amusing mods on your end, like making everybodys heads big, or applying custom skins to the warthog, but the other players will see neither of these. If you have two boxes however, with the same mod, they WILL work. Both must be using the same ppf or trainer though. So in general, no you cannot cheat on halo. People who you think are cheating are just better than you, and are very amused when you say they're cheating, because chances are they know its not possible.

Savejonas

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

Yeah, I thought some guys were cheating the other day, but I figured by the way they talked between games of Halo on Xbc that the only thing they really do with their lives is play Halo all day everyday.

SolidJoe

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Savejonas @ Jun 1 2004, 03:39 AM)
Yeah, I thought some guys were cheating the other day, but I figured by the way they talked between games of Halo on Xbc that the only thing they really do with their lives is play Halo all day everyday.

That's a much more likely scenario.

streaker68

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

A friend and I tried over and over again to find a way to jump up there last night (by trying to jump on a tombstone first) and it just doesn't seem to be possible.

You can jump onto tombstones by ducking at the peek of the jump. This is an invaluable technique for ctf.

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

cheating on xbc is getting really lame. when you beat someone 50-5 on thier host and you get kicked for 'extra life hacks' or some stupid mod it gets really annoying. is it that hard for people to understand that their are people out there that are just way better than them?

streaker68

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

I don't think there is any amount of skillz that can allow a 50-5 win over the host. The amount of lag in XBC is to substantial to allow such a reverse imbalance.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

dry.gif   There isn't that much lag for me on XBC. uhh.gif

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Cheating On Xbc/xlink
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

if you play someone w/ a decent server how is it not possible to win 50-5?
Pages: [1] 2