xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whats Better? Xbox Live Or Xlink?  (Read 846 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Whats Better? Xbox Live Or Xlink?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

wink.gif

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (NeOnRaBbIt @ Feb 1 2004, 10:39 PM)
the part where ppl might see that xbl is better than xlink would be in the game performance....In xlink if one person has lagg usually everybody does but on xbl jus one person wil be jumping againt the screen...i still enjoy halo on xlink though wen theres no lag....both are prety easy to use...

I have to say that i have never experienced this. Its the same with live, if one person has a laggy connection (if its laggy enough), it will bring the game down for all. Perhaps you are playing with a lot of foreigners on xlink, and thats what the problem has been. I have never seen this happen, and based on how tunneling works, it seems quite impossible for this to be true.

pango_X

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

biggrin.gif smile.gif  tongue.gif  wink.gif

valius

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

Live is better

I put in Ghost recon selected live play & every lobby slot was full of games to join.

Xerium

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

grr.gif ? it make the live experiance so much less of what is should be. Xlink Isnt as good as Xbox LiVE but at least you dont have to put up with the LiVE bull shit.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

smile.gif

UKT_Productions

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

wink.gif

I would agree with all sentiments here about annoying little shits over the headphones; you just don't seem to get them on the tunnelling services as opposed to live. You get the odd bit of crapola in the chat rooms of both XBConnect and xlink although imho this is far, far more prevalent on xbconnect than xlink.

My only prob with tunnelling is that the scene is fragmented and therefore finding 'what' you want to play 'when' you want to play it is not a pick up and go experience like live! clearly is.

Pro's

Con's

Con's

Pro's

Every walk of life has 'em; deal with it, make your choice, enjoy.....

My one hope is that when XLink Kai is final and Team Avalaunch implement support (ala Bo-XLink) into their blinding dash that we will see a pretty damn hefty march into the XLink community. IMHO, that will be a result which has been a long time coming.  dry.gif

UKT

RideBurton164

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

xbox live is obviously a hell of alot better because of the features it offers...however the cost is a factor...and you obviously cnat play with a chip on xbox live...xlink however, anything goes!...but less titles to choose from, take yer pick

AdyHolmes

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

My opinion:
I think XBConnect is the best because people play THUG on it, not all the time though :-( AND YOU CAN EVEN PLAY WITH A 56k CONNECTION!
X-Link - no1 plays THUG, and Xbox Live - WHY DOSENT THUG HAVE LIVE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]