xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whats Better? Xbox Live Or Xlink?  (Read 847 times)

ReDRoVeR

• Archived User
Whats Better? Xbox Live Or Xlink?
« on: January 19, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

Well kids???

pros and cons?

thanks...

does the tunneling work as good or better then live???

thanks

Souber

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

I have xbox live, but i also use xlink for halo,
Xbox live is so much easier cause your already at your couch ( unless you have a modded xbox with boxlink, cause thats awsome)
x live is also kool, cause you get to use the communicator in everygame, and you can send voice requests, and there is always the downloadable content cool.gif  smile.gif
plus there is the whole custamizing part of live, you chose what servers to get into, the rankings, and there are much more options,
however, xlink is awsome cause its FREEEEEE!!!!! smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  so thats the best part

dfunked

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

You can't compare XBox Live with XLink. That's stupid IMO.

XBox Live has hit 1 million plus users. If you want to find a game, you'll find it on XBox Live.

I hate these comparison things because in the end it's all up to each individual to make up their decision.

My opinion? I have both, and I rarely play on Live. I can't stand playing against so many goddamn little kids, or at least idiots who put voice masking on with the child mask. It's enough to make me hate the service. I've still yet to meet a dickhead on XLink...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

About meeting assholes, I agree with you dfunked.  Everyone has been totally polite and eager to just play a fun game.  Its obvious why.  Mommy cant mod a box, mommy cant figure out how to run xlink messenger or any other aspect of this service, so the ten year olds are left to be on Live!  My buddy has Live and I cant stand it.  Thank God for you guys!!

Xlink beats Live! IMO  Playing a bunch of people who just learned a new bad word at school and want to try it out on a tunneling service isnt my idea of a good time.

jizzlobber

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 08:38:00 AM »

wtf? most people I meet on live are ok.
I've found the majority of people on xbox live are of a mature age too.

and the friends list is there so you can just play with people you KNOW are cool.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Well I haven't been on as much as you im sure but ive seen the same crap i saw at xbconnect.  This is the scenerio I usually see.  You join a game of halo.  If you win they leave.  If they win they say "you suck"  "omg what newbs".  You play another game or two and whether you win or lose they are still trying to prove themselves by calling you names.  Whatever.   Thats not what really bothers me.  Then you ask them to join your game (no secret that host has advantage).  You are about 15 points up and then bam the game freezes.   They left.  Then you go look at the pc screen and they say "omg what lag"  "we cant play on a connection as shitty as yours".  This is xbconnect of course.  For Live its about the same thing albeit not as big as a hassle getting another game together so not AS irritating.  I gave up playing halo because of that and because we started playing and the dumb asses spent the whole game trying to get off the map.  For weeks and weeks this went on.  So I try Xlink.  I have not had ONE game where any of this has happened.  Anyways, if you like Live keep it.  Im just sayin it aint for me.  Or xbconnect for that matter.

dfunked

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Friends list? The amount of time it takes to do all that rubbish is just as long as it takes to switch to a different game server on XLink or XBConnect.

I've played some of the coolest of matches with guys on XLink, especially the X-Rated Clan of RS3 members. Damn they're funny at times :)

Like I said, all a matter of personal opinion..

No Mess

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 05:26:00 AM »

Well, if your like me and have a Mac, I would have to say that Xbox Live is better.  Although I have played Xlink at a friends house and think its great.  I like live because you dont need a computer to set up or get into servers

No Mess

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

Well, if your like me and have a Mac, I would have to say that Xbox Live is better.  Although I have played Xlink at a friends house and think its great.  I like live because you dont need a computer to set up or get into servers

Sorry for the double post.

This post has been edited by No Mess: Jan 21 2004, 01:30 PM

ReDRoVeR

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

So I guess aside from the bulls*** its the same...

My reasoning for asking what the differences were was to see if there was any real differences in gameplay as far as lag or game playablility. Ive been a xbox liver for over 1 year and I was going to finally mod my box. I really only play live games. In groups against my friends.

That was why I was asking...

anyother feedback would be great!

Thanks

MeLbOrN

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

xbconnect is better than x-link imo, unless ur modded and can sit at the tv without going to the pc to get in games.  

live is a different story.  its made by MS so its gonna be better but the community for xbc and x-link is better.

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

there is no contest, when it comes to tunneling software up against the LiVE.

if you have LiVE then you know..

This post has been edited by DaShiZNiT: Jan 29 2004, 08:08 AM

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

I am with dfunked and heet...

I have live but have only played maybe 15 times on it total... 9 out of 15 were with young kids, cussing, being obnoxious...I dont want to waste my time having to find a game without annoying kids, or having to report them to live. I want to play.

I have met more cool people to play with on xlink than I did on live. Live has some cool features, but because its so mainstream, you get all the junk with the good. I would rather spend time on xlink instead.

and xlink is great for modded and non modded users...the users are easily more mature than those on other tunnels.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

Yeah i prefer the link prog's as you don't get idiotic people hurling abuse!

NeOnRaBbIt

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

the part where ppl might see that xbl is better than xlink would be in the game performance....In xlink if one person has lagg usually everybody does but on xbl jus one person wil be jumping againt the screen...i still enjoy halo on xlink though wen theres no lag....both are prety easy to use...
Pages: [1] 2