xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Auto-aim With A Sniper Rifle  (Read 111 times)

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Auto-aim With A Sniper Rifle
« on: April 21, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

I hate how HALO 2 has the auto-aim function for sniper rifles...I was a damn good sniper in halo 1, and for some reason halo 2's auto aim messes me up a LOT...

is there any way to turn it off or do you guys know if it is gonna be turned off in this upcoming update? <

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

Halo 1 also had the aim assistance.  The reason halo 2 seems like there is more assistance, is because the field of vision has been reduced from 90 deg, to 70 deg.  Everything is zoomed in. <

threefromthekey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

damn, so no way of fixing that?

I always anticipate where the guy's head is gonna be and then right before he's about to enter my reticle the freakin camera moves it left a centimeter to try and "help" me get a better shot, soo damn annoying <

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

Boo hoo.  So go play Halo 1. <

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »

uh-huh...  :rolleyes: <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

Well i've modded every 1 of my maps to have full FOV so you can see more of everything, including Master Chief / Elite arms and guns. And this mod IS compatable with people who dont have the full FOV so you can play on X link Kai.

You need a modded xbox to use this

This is NOT my mod, so dont give me any credit =P

Check on www.halomods.com files fourm fot the hex ofsets

This post has been edited by KyesaRRi: Apr 22 2005, 10:05 AM <

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(KyesaRRi @ Apr 22 2005, 07:54 AM)
Well i've modded every 1 of my maps to have full FOV so you can see more of everything, including Master Chief / Elite arms and guns. And this mod IS compatable with people who dont have the full FOV so you can play on X link Kai.

You need a modded xbox to use this

This is NOT my mod, so dont give me any credit =P

Check on www.halomods.com files fourm fot the hex ofsets

Ya, i hexed all my maps to 90 deg FoV, but decided i did not like it because of how far MC's arms and gun stuck out, as you mentioned.  So far that the sniper goes out past the recticle, and MC's forarm with the batte rifle looks all distorted.  

Because of this, i do not use the mod, if there were a way to pull back MC's arms and gun, then it would be perfect.

This post has been edited by Foe-hammer: Apr 22 2005, 10:43 AM <

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

i think remember for halo 1 there is a way how to take auto aim off....maybe there is one on halo2 ;) <

Mario4885

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Apr 22 2005, 08:31 AM)
Ya, i hexed all my maps to 90 deg FoV, but decided i did not like it because of how far MC's arms and gun stuck out, as you mentioned.  So far that the sniper goes out past the recticle, and MC's forarm with the batte rifle looks all distorted. 

Because of this, i do not use the mod, if there were a way to pull back MC's arms and gun, then it would be perfect.

change the color/texture of master chief & his weaponry to clear <

mrbelvedere

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »

Does anyone besides me find that dual needlers are less powerful after the update?  I don't remeber bungie saying anything about it, but before with dual neddlers I could kill somebody quick, played tonight on the new maps and I unloaded 4 clips of needles while dual weilding, most of the needles hit on target, it was pretty close range.  And the guy didn't die. Two clips were unloaded on him before he even turned around, and then he killed me with the battle rifle.

I know he wasn't cheating because I could kill him with other weapons easily.  I've had this same needler problem a couple of times with different people, and it only seems to be dual weilding them. :blink: <