xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Info To Fix Bad Flash  (Read 636 times)

punisher4

• Archived User
Need Info To Fix Bad Flash
« on: July 21, 2002, 12:20:00 AM »

John 566 emailed  me and said the xios worked for him...so if you *ucked up yer xbox with a bad flash, a xios chip will allow you to boot it and fix the bad flash...so I'll be  keeping 1 on hand.                    

punisher4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 03:26:00 PM »

s, DOES AYBOADY KNOW IF ITS BEST TO DE-SOLDER JUMPERS AFTER THE FLASH IS COMPLETE? i WILL BE REMOVING THE CHIP OF.COURSE                    

HomerJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 05:25:00 AM »

Well if you leave them there, your flash chip is writeable by any program/game.  Who knows, maybe some games will start to trash your box is they don't detect the proper bios?

I'll put a switch on mine so I don't have to dismantle the thing everytime I want to flash it.                    

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »

i fucked up my onboard bios the xbox flashs green and red it says its fucked i turned on eingmah and it worked ok
i only put a swich on wire 21 if i put a swich on wire 15 to will it work?
ie fix the bad flash

punisher4

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 02:12:00 PM »

I have done the st bios sucessfully and the hyundai also..I just forgot to switch bios off and I messed up the flash. I have heard that xtenders can fix it but I cannot find an xtender so  I wanna know if those xios chips that have  xtender programming will work to allow me to fix my bad flash? ;)                    

John566

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 02:17:00 PM »

I just recieved one from genomods today and plan on installing it tonight or tommorow.  I will try and post my results.  If you don't hear from me in this post by the day after tommorow PM me and I will let you know.  Lets hope it works.                    

punisher4

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 02:22:00 PM »

thanks man..I really messed up. I`ll keep checking for UR reply and any new posts.
thanks                    

John566

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2002, 02:41:00 PM »

Welcome to the club.  I also had done a few before.  I didn't realize that I would take out the onboard bios with the mistake.  I'm going to try and get it in tonight but I wont be able to work on it until about 1am so I may not get it finished.                    

punisher4

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2002, 02:47:00 PM »

I was checking out the install for the homebrews and  xtender and it appears they use the same installation points. maybe we have luck.                    

cyrusuncc

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2002, 06:23:00 PM »

from what i have heard, any Xtender based mod chip will work cause it completely replaces the onboard BIOS.  The enigmah works with it.  Thats why when a onboard bios flash fails, the enigmah modded xbox is fukt

** only what i heard, not personal experience **