xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp Into Ms Dash?  (Read 983 times)

prosthetics

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« on: July 25, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

Hello. I was recently moving some files around my xbox. Trying to get XMBC to load from boot, instead of avalaunch.

Well i must have fucked up somewhere cause now my xbox just loads to its default MS dash.

Is there any way i can ftp into the dash to repair my problem. Or can I get a boot cd somewhere? I dont have a mod chip. Just a soldered motherboard and a flashed bios. I need some serious help , please!

miguelfp1

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

It's not possible to FTP into the MS dash, as it doesn't have an FTP server. You'll need to make an Evox boot disk and use that to fix your problem, but it's not so hard, and if you have a flashed BIOS, I'm pretty sure it'll work. If you need more help, let me know.  wink.gif

prosthetics

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

where can i get a boot disk? i've tried a few that i guess werent boot disks. and i only have 1 cd-r left. i cant get the wrong one. any suggestions?

Trevante

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

You have quite a bit of reading to do.

For starters, you have a TSOP flash, not a softmod.

Second off, you should just be able to make an evox boot disc yourself (take the evoxdash.xbe, rename it to default.xbe, and put it on a CD along with the evox.ini file. Put a/some dummy file(s) on the CD just to be safe). If somehow, this is too much for you, go download Slayers 2.6, which is an evox boot disc/auto installer.

Finally, make sure your Xbox's DVD drive can actually read CD-R's, or better yet, use a CD-RW, which can be read by pretty much all Xbox DVD drives.

prosthetics

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

i tried the evox boot disk and loaded up my xbox. it went to the ms dash and said invalid disk blah blah. i'll try the slayer auto install next.

thanks for all the help! smile.gif hope it works.

prosthetics

• Archived User
Ftp Into Ms Dash?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

unfortunatly the slayer auto installer didnt work either.

I burned it to cd and loaded up my xbox only for it to say it was a invalid disc.
So I have no clue what the hell to do now:(