xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Evolution X Bios Flash  (Read 591 times)

ChrissyX

• Archived User
Newbie Evolution X Bios Flash
« on: September 18, 2002, 01:03:00 AM »

I have an XBOX and a copy of the Evolution X bios.  How do I go about flashing the original bios with the Evo X one.  Will this allow me to network, change hard disk, play backups and copy to hard disk ?                                    

TO3T3R

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 02:36:00 AM »

To all ur questions, YES. But it depends what modchip you got. Not all modchips can flash the TSOP.

Greetings TO3T3R  :P

ChrissyX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 10:03:00 AM »

What MOD chip is recommended ?                                    

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 11:01:00 AM »

You generally don't want to flash the original bios on the Xbox. Flashing the bios on a mod chip that has a flashable bios, or using an EvoX compatable bios on a mod chip that has an unflashable bios, is ideal.

You need a mod chip in order for your Xbox to even read a CDR with the EvoX software on it when you try to set it up. So, basically you MUSt have a mod chip, and you should read all of the tutorials on this site to get started. Even with a mod chip, flashing the Xbox's original bios is still not a good idea. You don't need to flash your bios with the EvoX bios in order to use the EvoX software.

As far as which mod to use, it all depends. The Enigmah is good, but requires you to solder 29 wires. The X-ecutor is good, but the bios on it isn't flashable. It only requires that you solder 1 wire. The Matrix/Xodus chip comes out on Sept. 21st and supposedly doesn't require any soldering. I appears to be fully featured, including a flashable bios. Nobody really has any detailed info on it yet, unfortunately.  

EvoX doesn't automatically do everything you asked, but with boxplorer and xbcopy, you can copy your games to the Xbox HDD. It'll do everything else you asked without extra tools.

Good Luck!  :ph34r: