xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cerbios - New Custom Xbox Bios  (Read 11667 times)

blackomegatm

Re: Cerbios - New Custom Xbox Bios
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2022, 01:01:34 PM »

When can we expect a new version with 1.6 consoles support? I really just bought a new HDD/ and sata/ide adapter for this and just now noticed there is no support for 1.6  :dry:

AMurderOfCrows

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2022, 08:45:35 PM »

First off, CONGRATS on the accomplishment. This had me excited enough to rejoin X-S for the first time in over 10 years.

My major questions are:

1. is it still possible to format additional partitions in previous option cluster sizes? i am mostly thinking of Linux options as many Linux distros for OGXB do not have the ability to read the partitions if 32k and larger clusters last i checked.
2. what requirements does this BIOS have? does it require a mod chip, or can it be TSOP'd?

Thanks

COO-589

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2022, 05:03:37 AM »

We plan for our bios to be universal across all hardware revisions however to take advantage of 128mb support a 1.0 - 1.4 hardware revision is required as they can have the addition 64mb of ram installed onto.

What about v1.6 with 128MB RAM? (this is now possible!)

Very excited and keen for dual drive support (any combo of SSD/SSHD/HDD), 8TB or 16TB support (each drive or total?), UDMA5 support (Ultra-ATA/100), and MakeMHz XboxHD+ support...

I'm loving what CERBIOS and the Titan patch are bringing to the party now - keep up the good work!!

Also: After reading through the previous posts in this thread; are there any requirements for a HDD above the previous approx 2TB limit? (such as an 8TB HDD)

I intentionally grabbed a Seagate BarraCuda Pro ST2000DM009 that's a 512 Native model (prior to seeing or hearing about CERBIOS) which has 512 bytes per physical sector.
Would the sector/cluster setting requirements for > 2TB require (or would it be preferred for) a 512 Emulated model with 4096 bytes per physical sector?

I definitely don't understand enough about any correlation with any of that and the settings when formatting a HDD for an XBOX - I read something somewhere else prior to purchasing my HDD about wasting clusters or sectors with the 512E aka 4K options with so many files that were much smaller (and I'm sure I'm just reading too far into this) when having older generation console ROMs and emulators stored as well...

Lastly: are all CERBIOS versions going to stay at the 256KB mark? Just a nice-to-know :)

Cheers!
-Cookie

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 05:57:42 AM by COO-589 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]