xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whay Can I Launch Games Off Of A Usb Drive, But Not From Fsd3?  (Read 225 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Whay Can I Launch Games Off Of A Usb Drive, But Not From Fsd3?
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »

What games are you trying to launch and what dash version is the console on? You might need to update the system software (don't use an official update); there are a host of other possibilities as well.

The blue screen is XeLLous. It's what allows the system to run unsigned code and boot into a custom dash.

It's probably a bad laser. If you buy a replacement, you'll likely spend less than $10USD.

Phantasm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »

Dash board is 2.0.16537.0
The games I'm trying to load are Minecraft and Saints Row 4.
Fsd3 is 3.0b rev483

Any ideas?

How hard is it to reload fsd and do you think that that will fix it?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »

I would load the official update for your dashboard version. That will update any files stored on the hard drive in case they're used by the games. Never, ever use an official update for a version greater than your current dash; update for the current dash, however, will not harm anything.

After that, I would reload FSD using the installer and update Dash Launch as well. Try that out and give us an update.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

16537 Update. Throw the extracted folder onto a USB stick, insert into 360, start console. As long as Dash Launch hasn't been configured to prevent updates, it should be automatic.

Info on the FSD Installer can be found here.

Phantasm

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:14:00 AM »

So I tried to install the official dash from the link you posted.  heres what I did...I set Dashlaunch to boot direct to nxe, then I plugged in my USB stick with the $systemupdate folder in it & turned the xbox on.  once it booted, it prompted me to install the dash.  I said ok, then it showed a progress bar showing it unpacking the update.  After that it reboots.  once it boots back up, it says the dash may be corrupted & may need to be reinstalled.

Is this just from a bad dash update?  The weird thing now is when the system boots to nxe, it give me the "The game could not start. Please download the game again" error.  It almost seems like it is trying to load something else on boot.  The guy I bought it from had all his games on an external hard drive.  Could it be a setting that is looking for this external drive?

Phantasm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »

I am reading that deleating the cache might help.

Also, the previous owner has a couple of folders in the HD named 0000000000000 with a bunch of game folders in it.  They are not the full game but only saves I think.  Can I delete these folders?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »

I'm not sure what would cause the issue except corrupted data. Did you reinstall FSD?

If you're not using any of the data on the HDD, feel free to delete whatever you want.