xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Demon And Cr3 Corona V3 Nand Power And Dash Update Issues  (Read 179 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Demon And Cr3 Corona V3 Nand Power And Dash Update Issues
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(vettejock99 @ Aug 25 2013, 10:02 PM) View Post

So I've been learning as much as I can, but I don't want to dig a deeper hole and I'm reaching out on two issues.  I have a Corona V3 in which a good guy installed a CoolRunner and Demon for me.  When I got it back glitch times were much longer than what he was reporting (5-10 minutes usually and sometimes never) so after a couple months I had him look again.  He thought he'd narrowed it to a wifi module interference issue and actually swapped the module out with another he had laying around and returned it to me. For whatever reason, I still see the same lengthy issues.  Actually it is worse than that, though it will glitch and also boot to stock, I'm seeing a couple of new weird issues.  First, the fan comes on full sometimes when booting into NAND mode even from a cold boot and it never did that before.  Also, if I've unplugged the AC adapter, say to move to my bedroom or back to living room, it often will boot to stock fine but in NAND mode the power button beeps but it won't actually turn on.  Seems like leaving it plugged in for a while resolves this, and eventually I can just push the button again and bang - it just works fine.

Anyone seen these kind of behaviors?

More urgently, between these issues and getting tired of the Xbox update messages in stock and NAND, I updated the stock dash to 16203 and the freedash version.  Now I'm getting the blank avatar and Kinect issue.  So, I believe I have a copy of my CPU key and NAND on the drive, but if I want to use NANDX or something to back them up again to re-flash my NAND is that the way to go with JRUNNER or XEBUILD GUI or something to fix this?

I guess I'll follow the right process for upgrading going forward, but like I said I intend to try to fix it but I don't want to do anything more stupid than what I've done, and also if someone knows why this power issue might've cropped up I'd love to not have to deal with that any more as right now I just effectively can't move it because it is too much of a pain to get it to work again.

Thanks for your wisdom.

Its probably a wiring or chip placement issue. I have found an ideal way to wire coronas with CR3 Lite and where to place the chip.

You usually get better boot times with the system not fully together.  Adding the DVD drive, an internal hard drive and external hard drive can seem to cause some slowing down of the boot times.  Dont keep an external hard drive on top or really close to the xbox to avoid interference.  Also try turning it off on a longer boot and see if you get a faster boot after turning it on after the fan stops.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
Demon And Cr3 Corona V3 Nand Power And Dash Update Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »

good luck my friend.