xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Appreciated. Inherited An Xbox Xenon, What To Do?  (Read 234 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Help Appreciated. Inherited An Xbox Xenon, What To Do?
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(revxaisks @ Aug 24 2013, 06:06 PM) View Post

Hi all, before I begin, I have read several stickies and threads already and to be perfectly frank, the various different pieces of information have all really baffled me...  laugh.gif

So hopefully some kind individuals could point me in the right direction with regards to my problem.

As the topic title suggests, I managed to obtain an Xbox 360. Upon further inspection it seems I have the relic Xbox 360 Xenon (Arcade edition?, because the disk tray isn't chrome/ metallic. But plastic instead)

More details as follows:
No HDMI slot
Uses 12V, 16.5A: 203W PSU
Manufactured: 2006-01-16

The Xbox came with opening slots clearly tampered and marked with (what seems to be) screwdriver marks, mounting screws missing as well as the warranty sticker removed (of course).

But other than that, all parts are present and comes on with no RROD and errors.
At first I tried to run an Xbox 360 game through the disk tray and had no luck.

Tried several other games and depending on the disk, I either get "Play DVD" where the game disc on the dashboard should be or a generic Error screen with error 66.

But all discs return fine with no scratches or rings.

I then thought perhaps the console must be behind in updates and decided to connect it to my home network and tried to perform an update, the update kept failing no matter what.
My friend happened to have a spare HDD, after attaching it the update applied fine. (Must be something I hear about the original Xenon being only equipped with 4/16MB onboard memory?

Anyway, the dashboard version was now 2.0.9199.0 and all updates now fail to install.

Which lead me to think the keys between the motherboard and drive are incorrect?
i.e. the drive does not match the motherboard.

What can I do in my current situation? I just want to have a working Xbox 360 that can play store games with an Xbox LIVE connection.

I ran the console info through "Xval" and the console isn't flagged for a ban.

Any help would be appreicated.  happy.gif

Many thanks!!!

It has the wrong drive key.  I would just toss it and get another one.  The time and money you spend to try to even get the key if your lucky would be a pain for just a xenon console that could easily overheat.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »

Where the dashboard is 9199 the only option is to install a Xenon RGH chip to get the keys.
google "Team Xecuter's Xenon Reset Glitch Hack"

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(relaxxx @ Aug 28 2013, 08:18 AM) View Post

Where the dashboard is 9199 the only option is to install a Xenon RGH chip to get the keys.
google "Team Xecuter's Xenon Reset Glitch Hack"

I have never RGHed a xenon, but I hear they are unreliable if even boot.  Thats why I told him not just toss it.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »

i would ask whoever you got the console from for all the back ups they did before drive flashing and hope that the key is still there.
your console probably wont update because of modified firmware.
all the clues point to "drive flashed"

we have no way of knowing who flashed what and when "you may"
it could be it was flashed fine by some one "3rd party" and then the owner could not update so tried to flash back to original firmware and used the wrong key/no key.
if that was the case you would imagine that the 3rd party would have supplied the key to the owner.

The owner could have tried to flash it did the back ups and so on properly but forgot to populate the drive key info then gave up.
"the drive key info shuld still be in the back ups if that was the case"

Or as a worst case scenario.
the original owner just did everything wrong didnt back up the drive key and flashed a new firmware to the drive with no drive key/wrong key. and then decided that they werent messing with it any more..

if you cant get the drive keys from whoever did the flashing then i would also get rid of the xbox.
that version of console simply is not worth the investment to get the drive keys from the board. "imo"
(i would not bother with anything older than a jasper to be honest)

But if you can get the correct keys from the previous person. then its not difficult to fix. But you will need the correct key.

revxaisks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, although it's a fully working system I just wanted to have a little side-project to play about with before uni starts again.

But it does all seem pretty long-winded and too expensive for such a weak and problematic model.

I'll soon flog it on ebay, thanks all for your help.  happy.gif