xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: First R-jtag  (Read 250 times)

goldstar0011

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« on: August 07, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »

Howdy

I'm not new to JTAG and RGH but am wanting to move to the R-JTAG but need guidance to make sure I get started correct.

I don't plan to do loads so only want to buy whats necessary.

At moment I use a parallel cable wired direct to mobo for a NAND read and write (i have an MTX SPI usb thingy but doesn't seem to work)

If I buy the R-JTAG starter kit is that enough?

Or if someone can expalin but it's worth the Ultimate kit I will get that but it's a case of learning the new process then.

Thanks guys

BoNg420

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(goldstar0011 @ Aug 7 2013, 08:48 AM) View Post

Howdy

I'm not new to JTAG and RGH but am wanting to move to the R-JTAG but need guidance to make sure I get started correct.

I don't plan to do loads so only want to buy whats necessary.

At moment I use a parallel cable wired direct to mobo for a NAND read and write (i have an MTX SPI usb thingy but doesn't seem to work)

If I buy the R-JTAG starter kit is that enough?

Or if someone can expalin but it's worth the Ultimate kit I will get that but it's a case of learning the new process then.

Thanks guys

get the ultimate kit so you get the programmer and dont have to use a piece of shit parallel cable.

goldstar0011

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »

I love my parallel cable though! Takes ages to dump but done a good job.

If I figure out the mtx spi USB gizmo is that ok?

If I get the ultimate though in future all I need is the starter on next consoles?

BoNg420

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(goldstar0011 @ Aug 7 2013, 09:19 AM) View Post

I love my parallel cable though! Takes ages to dump but done a good job.

If I figure out the mtx spi USB gizmo is that ok?

If I get the ultimate though in future all I need is the starter on next consoles?

Well you really need this programmer to help tweak your system for best boot times, just buy it!

BoNg420

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(pepito01226 @ Aug 23 2013, 11:43 AM) View Post

Wonder how effective the R-Jtag is on falcon motherboard with the latest firmware.

I am wondering because I want to try Rjtag on my falcon and run my backup through hard drive.

Ive done one falcon and have several systems I have to work on, but I hear falcons usually more snappier than jaspers.

pepito01226

• Archived User
First R-jtag
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Aug 23 2013, 01:24 PM) View Post

Ive done one falcon and have several systems I have to work on, but I hear falcons usually more snappier than jaspers.

Snappier? I heard also that the rjtag are having an issue right now not sure what the issue are. But been putting some mind into getting a starter kit.

I have tried to RGH a 4gb corona with no success so might as well and some the falcon I own.