xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bought A Modded 360, Having Some Issues.  (Read 221 times)

Sannakji

• Archived User
Bought A Modded 360, Having Some Issues.
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sannakji @ Jul 1 2013, 11:14 PM) View Post

I bought a modded 360 off a guy at the weekend, and it's not working so hot. Its a 4GB Kinect Black Matte 'Stealth' model. Hooked up to it is a small 500GB external HDD.

Problem 1. It turns on properly maybe one time in five. It powers on fine, the green light comes on, but it doesn't seem to want to boot to the menu, and the controller keeps flashing, it won't change to 'player 1 active'. Could this be a bad flash?

Problem 2. The HDD shows up on two accounts that were already on the 360, but I deleted them and now the HDD won't show up on my newly made account. I think... this might not be a huge issue... just trying to find a way for my account to pick it up. After some rummaging I found some options but they seem to want to wipe the HDD first...

Problem 3. I and the guy that I bought it off live abroad. The guy who flashed the xbox for him probably had no English, so there's no way I can ask the guy I bought it off what kind of modding this machine has. How can I find that out, just for future information?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Guys... could I get some help with these issues please... 23 people on here have no idea how to fix any of these problems?

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »

Sounds like it needs work.  You should have kick the tires and took a test drive before buying.

So many 360 dabblers are selling their junk  .... you gotta be careful

But as for helping you; you haven't told us much.

What sort of mod ?  jtag, rgh, xkey, wasabi

And true model of Slim ?  Trinity or Corona ?  Corona's require more hardware with TX glitch boards

Sannakji

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »

It was working though, I was able to launch a back-up with the other guys account. But in my newly created account, the HDD doesn't seem to want to register. It doesn't show under 'Games'. But it did with the existing accounts on the machine. That's what has me thinking I just have to tick some box somewhere.  biggrin.gif

I have no idea what kind of modding it has or the particulars of the unit, I just know it is a matte black stealth version 4GB that came with a kinect. How can I find out what kind of modding it has etc.? The guy who modded the unit probably speaks no English (I'm in South Korea) so even the guy I bought it from wouldn't know.

Thanks for the reply.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »

It sounds like you have an RGH chip if it doesn't always boot right up and that's normal for many chips as they can take 15-120 seconds or so to glitch the CPU to boot up.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »

you could have a bad partition on the harddrive. the hdd could also have a bad block. Is it a external usb? Sometimes external hdd takes time for the drivers to get registered. Happens to me alot with my external WD 1tb drive.

It should be hot pluggable, which is why the FSD doesn't pick it up. Due to improper coding or poor coding. But , it will eventually get detected. For me at least

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:00 AM »

It's unclear how the external drive was formatted and set up. The internal 4gb should be for accounts and the external 500gb should be for game backups accessed NOT through NXE Dash but Freestyle or some other Homebrew loader. If the 500GB is formatted from the NXE dash settings then it is corrupted and formatted to use only 32GB for accounts and NXE XBLA games. This is not how hacked 360 are intended to use external drives.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »

There's so many options and none are really simple. Also this site supports hacking but not illegal copies. Technically you are obligated to format your system of any games you don't legally own. Buy a hacked console = fine. Buy a hacked console loaded with games = moderators will ban you and tell you to get lost. You're not going to find any help with pre-loaded games around here. Plus it's impossible for anybody to know what this crook did to set up illegal games on that drive. If that was a selling point then you got burned.

I will tell you what I would do; Well first I'd boot with the eject button and see if Xellous screen show to confirm it is an RGH. If that's OK then I'd pull apart the 500GB external case (providing it's a 2.5" drive) and stick the drive right inside the slim and format it. As an internal, the NXE dash will then format it to full extent. Plus the SATA bus is faster. Then I'd install Freestyle through either XEX menu live boot disk or a Freestyle auto loader boot disk. You will need to search for tutorials on how to burn and set up xex menu and freestyle. That's about as far as I can help.

Once you have a Freestyle dash running you can then use that program to copy [YOUR GAMES YOU OWN] to the hard drive and launch them from there.