xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New To Xbox Modding. Help Appreciated!  (Read 151 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
New To Xbox Modding. Help Appreciated!
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(jake9 @ Jun 4 2013, 06:43 AM) View Post

I have just 1 main goal with my Xbox360:
-Be able to play Xbox and Xbox 360 games from an external hard-drive. So I guess that goes without saying that I want to be able to back-up my Xbox360 games onto the hard-drive if possible.

What is the best way to go about this? Could I still go online with the Xbox?
Also, I wish to accomplish the same thing with my Wii(play gamecube/wii on external) and PS3(play ps2/ps3 on external).

Thank you smile.gif.

You could get the Xk3y and be able to play online and play games off your hard drive.

The other way is JTAG or RGH or R-JTAG depending on your system and dashboard version will depend what you can do.  This gets you more than just being able to play off hard drive, you can run homebrew apps and such but no xbox live.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(jake9 @ Jun 4 2013, 09:32 AM) View Post

Thank you smile.gif

Are there any good guides on how I need to setup my hard-drive to be compatible? Can I backup up files/games from the computer? Is there a program for that?

I haven't really messed with Xk3y much but i believe you just make a games folder and put your ISO files on there.  You can rip your own games from original disc but you need a special drive, you need a XBOX 360 benq or liteon drive flashed to 0800 ripping firmware.  

I think on your USB hard drive, it just needs to be formatted to NTFS for xk3y but RGH JTAG or RJTAG requires fat32 formatting

For JTAG RGH or RJTAG you can rip your game discs right to the hard drive on the console.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

you will need the disc drive key for the xkey emulation to work. You can make individual folder for games and image for the folder. Xkey can come with a remote to access this folder or you can select the image through dash. there is two version of remote, Version 2 xkey remote has an additional USB port for those external hard drive that require a USB power source or an extra usb to update xkey or input other file via flash drive. You do not need to format the hard drive I believe the xkey can support up to 500 Gb. with xkey you can bypass emulation to get back on live. If you use the hard drive to play game via live you will get ban

Right now RJtag is the latest and most people are having hard time with it few console from what I hear are not compatible. I would go with Jtag or RGH(Glitch) you can get demon and dual NAND to regain the ability to get on Live. Setback about Jtag and RGH if your console is not compatible with demon you will not be able to get on live.

In either case both cost money and require some knownledge and skill.