xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need The Right Hardware To Flash My Drive  (Read 139 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Need The Right Hardware To Flash My Drive
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »

What are you trying to do exactly?  Reflash the drive or fix the drive?

It does depend on your exact problem.  Did you take an MS update recently and then you couldn't play your Halo back up anymore or did it just stop reading?

Does it read retail ones?

Maybe your FW needs to be redone.  Or maybe the optic needs to tweaked or replaced.

And when learning to flash drives - I don't recommend starting with a LiteON first.  It requires more work.  And a steady hand.  Samsungs and BenQ's are great for starting practice.  Just some advice.

ModWorldEU

• Archived User
Need The Right Hardware To Flash My Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ May 23 2013, 10:54 PM) View Post

What are you trying to do exactly?  Reflash the drive or fix the drive?

It does depend on your exact problem.  Did you take an MS update recently and then you couldn't play your Halo back up anymore or did it just stop reading?

Does it read retail ones?

Maybe your FW needs to be redone.  Or maybe the optic needs to tweaked or replaced.

And when learning to flash drives - I don't recommend starting with a LiteON first.  It requires more work.  And a steady hand.  Samsungs and BenQ's are great for starting practice.  Just some advice.

As he stated, old firmware or updated. Dosent matter, he needs LT3.0.

MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR XBOX TO THE NEWEST VERSION FIRST

If you have a working SATA setup and your drive is detected by Jungle Flasher and you know for 100% you have the correct key, Id just do the "LITE-ON ERASE" to get your drive into vedor mode. Dont panic if it dosent go into vendor the first time, keep trying. Once in VENDOR, open target f/w manually and apply your key and write it.

Here is a link to the newest JF and it also comes with a good tutorial. Just read it and make sure you understand it. http://bit.ly/VYE19S