xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Drive Issue After Jtag Cable Removal  (Read 87 times)

duhasst0

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Issue After Jtag Cable Removal
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »

What cable did you remove? There is some wiring that needs to stay in and there is some can be taken out. Seems like you may have removed the dvd cable to be honest.

duhasst0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »

Check and make sure the sata and power cable are installed correctly and firmly in place. If thats not it then its possible that the smc is incorrect. Try building a new image.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »

if the drive still ejects etc outside of the console using a CK3 etc the drive is fine and the console has been fried somehow, most likely blown the Southbridge with careless soldering/wires.

blinking LED on console means the console cant see the drive at all.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(duhasst0 @ Sep 28 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

Check and make sure the sata and power cable are installed correctly and firmly in place. If thats not it then its possible that the smc is incorrect. Try building a new image.

It's been a minute since I've done a JTAG but I'm pretty sure SMC would just lead to a e74 or e79 error some where along them lines. I've had the same issue he's having with the blinking red light. Something is shorting some where wink.gif

Take pictures of your install and post or upload them some where so we can see what you have going on. Also whats the MB type.

valorous77

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

ok I will take pics after work and get them up.
I thought maybe one of the old solder points might have been youching something
but same issue even out of the cage.
its not a red blinking its the center green blinks rapidly like the drive is not present or is unplugged.
the drive worked great and played games till i dc'd the cable that goes from board to pc.
I left the 2 dioeds and the jump wire because if removed i get the e79 once back on it fires right up.
I checked points to make sure no solder was bridging anything i just really dont want to go back and solder the cable on again just to make it work because i was gonna use the cable to do another one once i recv'd it.
thank you again for your help and i will get pics up soon and I hope we can get this figured out.
I play games off the thumb drive but have soo many burnt games id like to play again also.