xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't See Halo 2 System Links Games!  (Read 114 times)

agreenbhm

• Archived User
Can't See Halo 2 System Links Games!
« on: November 28, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »

Ok, well, i start up halo 2 on both my xbox's, one is a stock xbox, the other is modded with the xecuter 2.3 lite plus, with 4981 bios (i think).  i have halo 2 ripped 2 the hard drive, but i've also tried it using a back up copy of halo 2 in the modded xbox.

I start a system link game with either xbox, i wait in the lobby, and on the other xbox, i try 2 join the game, but it doesn't appear in the available games section.  wtf is happening???

is there some thing that disables modded xbox's to play unmodded ones?

plz help  <

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

You have some type of network prob... bad cable, wrong cable, unplugged cable or something.    <

agreenbhm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

no, i don't.  i tried 2 hook up my 2 xbox's with my friends, at my house, to play halo 2, but i had the problem i described above.  so, i put halo 1 in, and had no trouble playing, meaning, that there is no network or cabling problem.

thanks for your input, though.  <

mdfirefighter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »

Are you using the same game?? Not sure if this is the case but I know that its an issue with PCs. Just ask'in, totally clueless, try two unique coppies.

MDFF  <

sulfur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

it could be because you are using a pirated game like the french leak verison and they have the retail verison and thats why its not showing up.  <

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Nov 30 2004, 05:02 PM)
it could be because you are using a pirated game like the french leak verison and they have the retail verison and thats why its not showing up.

They're compatible anyhow.  <

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

Okay, I just tried this out.  i thought it didnt at first because I didnt actually start the game (stupid me) but once I got into the pre-game lobby, it worked fine.  BTW, I am using the original Halo 2 disk in my non-mod box and I am using a hdd backup of that same halo 2 disk in my mod-box.  It works wonderfully.  It is something wrong with your network.  Also, my unmodded box has been on live with halo 2 and the modded one has never been on live so the auto-update is backwards compatible with the one that isnt updated.  <