xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo With Live Option!  (Read 154 times)

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« on: November 25, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

Just curious as to how many people would purchase another copy of the original Halo if it had Live enabled.  Feel free to vote and ramble.

Can't seem to find the Poll Option, so I'll just include them here.

Would you:

1. Purchase Halo with Live?

2. Sell your Halo 2, never play it again, and get Halo?

3.  To hell with the original even if it has Live?  <

baturkin17

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

id buy it if  it had halo 2's netcode.  <

Opteron

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

3. To hell with the original even if it has Live  <

Crypty

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

Halo 2 fuckin sucks compared to 1. Of course no online shooter can hold the skill requirement of halo 1 because of lag.
EDIT: Actually I shouldnt say that because halo 1 on xbc at times would be completely lagless if you found a close enough host. It just might be very difficult to make it playable with live is all.

I've been playing halo 2 constantly since it came out because it has live, but I just went to a tourney running halo 1. My god, it was heaven. I would be fully prepared to drop halo 2 like the flaming shit it is and play h1 non-stop.

If everyone played as much h2 as me I think they would get bored of it slowly as I am. I am banking on a mass of players going back to h1 and xbc after their 2mo free subscription to live expires.

This post has been edited by Crypty: Nov 26 2004, 03:35 AM <

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

I would definitly buy it.  I am really enjoying Halo 2 as well though so I have no complaints.  Would not be a bad move for Bungie to think of just porting the maps up to H2  <

real_iltfg

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

A combination of 1 and 2.  I would definately buy it  <

romeoso

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

I'd most definitely buy it just because I enjoyed the original game.  <

Hasshaus

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

Completely pointless to me. I have HALO for PC and I use that to play online. Besides, you can always use XBOX Connect to play Halo on the XBOX (too bad I don't have broadband or I would do that). So HALO PC is good enough for me.  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

i don't see why so many people complain about halo 2 (no need to lecture me why).  I loved the first one and I think this one is slightly better.  Maybe it's because I went into this game thinking it would be a failure and was pleasently suprised while others thought it would be a god-like game and of course no game will ever get that kind of status.  Anyway, I probably would buy it only if it had online co-op because I loved co-op in that game and I'm getting my multiplayer fix in the new one.  <

pingrr

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

I wouldn't buy it with the live option.  <

Stud6999

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

I would love to play regular Halo on Live, Halo 2 is fun but just does not have the multiple skill levels.  Any noob can play halo 2 and acquire some kills, in Halo 1 it took real skill; and a elite would demolish a noob.  If you play on XBC and you think your elite send me a message.  XBC tag: Stud.

By the way great post, I wish bungie would have come out with Halo 1.5 before Halo 2, I still think they could make some money with it, though.  Halo 2 will never last as long as the original.  It just doesnt have the same feel.  Peace.  <

esc1

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

I think if they had a no duel weapons type game a lot of this talk would calm down, cuz face it, the odds going up against a duel welder with one weapon is slim.  I think it really drives people mad.    <

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »

Any noob can play halo 2 and acquire some kills, in Halo 1 it took real skill; and a elite would demolish a noob.

any 'noob' in halo one could learn the pistol, forgoing every other weapons and be on par with anyone having trouble with halo 2... aka the halo1 "elites"... the people good at halo1 will be good at halo2, just might get a few more deaths... still come out on top, just by not as large a margin...  <

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
Halo With Live Option!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »

i heard they made halo2 more begginer friendly. like if u just pick up the controller n play h2 for the first time u have an ok chance. unlike halo1, if u r a noob playing a pistol elite the best score ur gona get is -2.

if u dont like duel welding ppl, use a battle rifle or carbine at mid range. the only wepons i would use alone at close range is a shotgun  or rocket. duel welding is a reality thing. if ur in a gunfight with sum1, if they have 2 guns, they have a better change 2 win vs ur 1 gun. assuming u both r same skill at shooting. i no h2 is a sci fi shooter but it has 2 based on sumthin doesnt it?

last thing, h2 is a great game. ppl say it sux because they thought halo1 wus better. and h2 wusnt wut THEY expected.

PS: wut gcskate27 is good. sum1 with real skill vs a noob will win.

This post has been edited by h34d5h0tz: Dec 13 2004, 04:43 AM <