xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Level Missing?  (Read 98 times)

bigjonny

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« on: November 22, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

i know everyone saw the first video that was like 15 mins long for halo 2.  it was an in game video and at the very end master chief was surrounded by elites and he only had a plasma grenade and cortana says i bet u cant stick em.  y wasnt that in the game.  i really wanted to see wat happened and its not in the game.  does anyone know wat im talkin about.  <

Infamous_One

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 06:55:00 AM »

no , cause that was just an E3 Demo of 8 minutes and not 15 minutes.

and that level is in the game , just alot different.  <

esc1

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

Yea. Practically everything previewed about the sp wasn't an actual part of the game.  <

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

Yeah i was really looking forward to that level myself.  <

nagmine

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

its called a tech demo... bungie clearly stated the tech demo did not fit along with the main story soo it was to just show off the graphics and new features. I think they should have included it as a bonus... but oh well.   <

esc1

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

I agree.  I was looking forward to that level the whole time I was playing it. Figured in the last few boards I would be there and when it ended I was like WTF?  Is that all there is to Earth will never be the same?  <

themadman123

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

yeah, if you watch the special DVD in the collectors edition, you'll see that it was a demo and never ment to be an actually level in the game. I figured that out after too, I was pissed when I first played it and didn't get to play that part because it looked awesome.  <

bigjonny

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

i just want to know wat happened to him...that was one of the main things i was looking forward to and now its not there.  it doesnt kill me that i cant play it but i just wish i knew wat happened.   <

nolem

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

it did look like a cool level.   And how hard would it be to stick that onto the bonus DVD in the collectors edition... dry.gif   <

esc1

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

Gotta agree with you there.    <

bigjonny

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

yeh it did with the makeshift marine hospital and junk...im just want to know wat happened to mc.  do u think it will be in halo 3 or the live content or w/e comes next.  a possibility and i sure hope so but i dont want to argue about wats comin next so ill shut up   <

trentdadi

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

Here is how to get to that level.  Start a legendary game.  Waste all your ammo and all your grenades except one plasma.  Go run through the level until you have lots of elites chasing you.  Then you stop.  Viola, your surrounded by elites and you only have one plasma.  Only difference is your not in the same spot but its still the same thing.  <

esc1

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif   <

moksi

• Archived User
A Level Missing?
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

come on you noob, you can replicate the exact  thing, but it requires switching plasma rifle on elites for a energy sword.

Get to the level on legendary where you first get the tank and you are on the bridge chasing after the fucking bug.

Swap the tags for plasma rifle and sword.

Go halfway across the bridge in the tank. Hop out and knock the elites of their ghosts.

Waste all ammo except for a plasma nade.   You will then be on the same exact bridge as in the demo(same exact place), with elites with swords, (you with one nade) and banshees flying overhead!

If you  want extra effect, copy the e3 demo to a dvd and while you are with the elites around you, hook up the dvd player video inputs/audio and play the dvd. You will then remove the dvd and hope your MC isn't dead. You have now created Halo2: e3 cut!

I can't believe i actually wrote all that out.  <