xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rgh Game Would Not Start/fsd Problems.  (Read 102 times)

total noob

• Archived User
Rgh Game Would Not Start/fsd Problems.
« on: February 10, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »

Hi.

I have a coolrunner glitched Jasper 16mb running dash 13599 and Dashlaunch 2.23 with FSD2 RC2.1 with a 500gb internal HDD.

I also have a jtagged falcon running on 13599 with same dashlaunch and fsd setup and hdd and have copied all my games and such from this falcon over to the jasper.

For some reason only 22 of the 28 xbox 360 games I have will show in fsd on the jasper (All on internal hdd) and I cannot launch any of the games that dont show, they all give "the game could not start" error. The jasper was previously running 13609 and up to date dashlaunch and fsd but would not show any games in fsd and would not play the same games this new setup doesn't play.

I have tried launching them from external usb hdd with both fsd file manager and xexmenu to no avail.

The games the jasper refuses to run is:

Tekken6
Halo 3, reach or anniversaryCE
Dirt 3

Theres a few more that don't go but i find it strange because I can play Gears of war 3 and even MW3 fine both with disc and internal drive backup.

What could be causing this stuff to happen? I've hit a dead end and I can't seem to find anything in google that addresses this.

total noob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:00 AM »

I was previously on the latest versions of both fsd and dashlaunch and the problem was still there.

The reason I downgraded was because I had all these games running on these versions of dl and fsd on my jtagged falcon.

I will upgrade to latest versions again and post back however i'm not expecting any change.

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

Fully erase the previous builds and try it again.

You can burn the fsd installer to disc and it will automatically download the latest dash and fsd and install for you.

total noob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(crazygoldfish @ Feb 12 2012, 11:24 AM)  

Fully erase the previous builds and try it again.

You can burn the fsd installer to disc and it will automatically download the latest dash and fsd and install for you.

Updated to latest dashlaunch and fsd again and still no dice.

The games that do not work are now showing up in the homebrew section however, if that means anything.

total noob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

Have no idea what this could be. Tried 13604 again and have tried dashlaunch 2.25 with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could even try to fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

total noob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »

UPDATE

Decided to do a full re-rip of halo reach instead of just swapping out xex and dlls as that just ended up giving me dirty disc errors which are annoying.

Full re-rip fixed reach for me however this isn't exactly a solution as to why my jasper can't play these games where my falcon can, the only difference being the nature of the mod (jtag/rgh), as I have many other 360 backups that are not functioning and full re-rips would be not only a hassle but a seemingly workaround solution for a possible larger, long-term problem.

tl;dr Still having problems.

total noob

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »

:'(

Weird. Oh well. Looks like it's time to get ripping, have a long night ahead of me.

Thanks.