xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1st Gen Non-hdmi Xenon Cant Jtag  (Read 241 times)

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
1st Gen Non-hdmi Xenon Cant Jtag
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »

Hey guys i have a first generation Xenon console that has the new dashboard. Well, not the new one, but over 8xxx. So i cant jtag, correct? I also cant rgh from what im reading. So what CAN i do, flash my drive?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

Yep. Flashing is the only option.

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

That's lame. Can I play online with it?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

If it's not banned.

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

Well its not banned, thats for sure. However, will it be safe to play the backups online? A while ago i read about stealth patching? idk, im so new at this but want to learn as much as possible. Can you try to point me in the right direction?

Thank you

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »

Alright, so ive been doing a lot of reading but want to know is it absolutely necessary to use a VIA chipset sata card?

Cant i use the data header off of the mobo?

Ive tried this partially with no success but i think im screwing up somewhere. My pc can detect the drive in the bios, but not in jungle flasher

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(BBCHAMPs @ Dec 11 2011, 10:45 AM) View Post

Alright, so ive been doing a lot of reading but want to know is it absolutely necessary to use a VIA chipset sata card?

Ive tried this partially with no success but i think im screwing up somewhere. My pc can detect the drive in the bios, but not in jungle flasher

VIA cards are not necessary. Are you following the JF tut to the letter? What type of drive are you trying to flash??

Light Yagami

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(BBCHAMPs @ Dec 11 2011, 12:45 PM) View Post

All you need is x360usbpro (google it) And just follow the tut from jungle flashers website and you should be good:)

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

I'd prefer not to use VIA because i dont have it. I want to use the header from my mobo.

Its a hitachi GDR-3120

Also, im not really trying to spend money on the usb thing, id rather use what i got

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »

I've thought about this more in depth as the day went on.

My BIOS sees the drive on the sata port. However, windows does not see it and does not sign a drive letter (expected)

So, with that, am i supposed to install some dell(what my pc is) sata driver, which is most likely going to be intel..

Orrrr,,, am i supposed to do other things to boot the drive into possible 'mode b' in order to get JF to see it. If so how?

Any help will be appreciated i promise that biggrin.gif

Oh and sorry for the double post

Sk3pticalkiller

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

What is the ROM Ver of the drive (GRD 3120 is not enough info unfortunately)
That will help us and you with how to connect it and you will find more specific tutorials if you know the ROM as that's how Hitachis are "classified", by rom version

Also how do you power your drive? from the box? Tricky to get it in mode B with the power coming from the box

Last thing those drives can be tricky sometimes. One time you wont see crap 2 min later it will pop up like a flower ... just keep giving it a shot. But know which drive you are working on first.

Good luck smile.gif

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »

Yeah I'm using the box to power it. Hard but still possible to get into mode b? And idk the rom version. Idk how yo tell. Would you help me out?

Thank you everyone for your help

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

Alright guys I just settled in from work.

The drive is Rom Ver: 0047DJ

I hope i can use what i have

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »

Everything is going good so far. Got the drive into mode B and detected in windows.

However, on the tutorial it says this and i wanted to get it cleared up on what it means.

"Dumping the firmware from a Drive Using ‘Classic Mode’ will be fooled by firmware
stealth, this means, it WILL report as stock even though it isnt."

Thanks again

EDIT: Guess it doesnt matter at this point. Flashed it 100% no problem. It said to test, but im not sure how.. just play a regular game? I dont have a backup to test it with.

EDIT x2: Should i update to the latest dashboard then flash again? Will i get banned if i connect to live at this point?

Also, i tested with GOW3 that i own and it made me update to play it (not connected to live).. Is my flash gone?

BBCHAMPs

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

Everything is good to go. Burned UFC 09 and it worked 100%. Working on other backups now. You've been a great help bro thank you again
Pages: [1] 2