xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tutorial To Install Emulators?  (Read 96 times)

• Archived User
Tutorial To Install Emulators?
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

Have you checked MADROX's sig at the FSD forums?
http://teamfsd.com/f...or heaven#p2761

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(211 @ Dec 8 2011, 12:56 PM) View Post

Have you checked MADROX's sig at the FSD forums?
http://teamfsd.com/f...or heaven#p2761

Thanks! Doesnt help on the instillation side but it did point out a few I had forgot to look up like SMS Plus since I needed a Game Gear Emulator for Shining Force Gaiden - Final Conflict. smile.gif I will check around there forums for some tuts, but links for some of the others like FreePSX or SMS Plus that do not appear in a GOD like format that can be dropped in /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »

The most popular of these are:

-SMS360 (Sega Master Series)

-XeboyAdvance (Gameboy Advance)

The SMS360 and XeboyAdvance emulators have everything you need to run them within the folder except the roms. The folder contains the .xex file,media folder, rom folder (were you put the roms), and a few other folders depending on the emulater.

**Remember the (emulator) folder you made on the root of the external hdd? That is were you stick these type of emulators. Now they will show up in Freestyledash.

I grabbed the SMS360 from Xbins, extracted it, renamed the folder to SMS360 and put it in /Hdd1/Emus/ with sms360.xex in the root of the folder. I have seen other screen shots of Freestyle Dash, which I use(v2.0.13604.0 I believe) that shows a Emulators menu icon at the end of the My Xbox section, and from the sounds of the tut, I should see this icon at the end but I dont. Now I can go in to XexMenu and launch the the sms360.xex just fine, but it would just be nice to be able to launch it from in the dash some how.

Also it would be great to get a PSX emulator up and running so I can start playing Final Fantasy Tactics. smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any help!