xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "this Disk Is Not Supported"  (Read 126 times)

brandon___a

• Archived User
"this Disk Is Not Supported"
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:17:00 AM »

Problem solved: My dae.bin file was in the right location, but was named "dae.bin". As soon as I named it "dae" my problem was solved. I cant believe i spent days trying to figure out this problem! There is not enough info on the web about this! Thanks for all that viewed. Case closed!

sid79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandon___a @ Oct 20 2011, 10:17 AM) View Post

Problem solved: My dae.bin file was in the right location, but was named "dae.bin". As soon as I named it "dae" my problem was solved. I cant believe i spent days trying to figure out this problem! There is not enough info on the web about this! Thanks for all that viewed. Case closed!

I have also the same problem, but I don't know what you just said?
Where I can find that dae.bin file ?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(sid79 @ Mar 22 2012, 07:45 AM) View Post

I have also the same problem, but I don't know what you just said?
Where I can find that dae.bin file ?

You just dug up an old thread.  Grave digger.

But I will help you with your problem since his info is outdated.

Update your drive to LT+ 3.0, not 2.0, if you have a hitachi 46-59 then you can only use 2.0, if you have a hitachi 78/79 then you have to wait for 3.0, samsung MS25 or MS28 only have 2.0 and all other drives for phat console have 3.0

Dont bother with XBC 2.9, unless you rip first, but its best to verify your rip too with ABGX if you are using XBC to rip.  
You need to download abgx360 version 1.06 from abgx360.net
You need to patch your ISO with ABGX360 using Level 3 autofix

You need an IHAS124B burner
http://www.newegg.co...mp;Tpk=ihas124b

The burner needs to be flashed with Ixtreme Burner Max 1.0, easy to do.

You need verbatim discs, anything else is garbage, period, spend the extra 25-50 cents a disc and get QUALITY.  You can get 30 for $30 and 50 for $50 usually on Amazon.com or Newegg.com

Download the Latest version of IMGBURN, freeware
Burn backups at 2.4 or 4x speed and make sure you click verify.

Play and hope its all good smile.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(sid79 @ Mar 22 2012, 04:20 PM) View Post

Wow, thanks for your fast response, I found this topic after I searched on google about the problem with this game smile.gif there was actually problem in iso with topology data when I verified with abgx. After fixation I managed to burn properly on my LG blue-ray on Verbatim disk with 4x speed, inserted afterwards into my x-box an works like a charm!  I forgot to mention I have LT+ 3.0 firmware update, so thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it smile.gif

No problem.  You should probably acquire a IHAS burner because you might get disc read errors when playing XGD3 games, the games that have topology data.  People also speculate that if you don't use an IHAS burner you could potentially get flagged on xbox live.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(glenneaux @ Mar 22 2012, 09:44 PM) View Post

While this thread is active, i might add my question!

I've got an xbox phatt (hdmi) unsure of drive that has been flashed for backups, but I want to run a new xgd3 game.

I've got an iHAS burner, flashed burner max, burnt a disc to verbatim mkm003 and verified it.

The xbox is demanding to be updated. I think its running 8996 or something dashboard.

What do I need to do to fix it? Do I update the dashboard (which will i believe flash the dvd drive?) then reflash the dvd drive using jungle flasher or something to LT 3.0 ? Obviously this is dependant on the DVD drive in the xbox.

nb: the game is forza wink.gif

Yes update FIRST, then flash to 3.0, you might want to flash to stock first so you dont get any update errors.

sid79

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:50 AM) View Post

No problem.  You should probably acquire a IHAS burner because you might get disc read errors when playing XGD3 games, the games that have topology data.  People also speculate that if you don't use an IHAS burner you could potentially get flagged on xbox live.

thanks for the info, this iHas Liteon is pretty cheap, I never go online with my x-box, but  I'll keep that in mind, tnx smile.gif