xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gamers Chat Is Turning Into Lamers Whine. Also....  (Read 274 times)

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
Gamers Chat Is Turning Into Lamers Whine. Also....
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (maxgeek @ Nov 12 2004, 03:30 AM)
I only played it for 2 hours in co-op mode since I got it but I really enjoy it. Just wish it has system link co-op.

Better yet Live co-op. Now that would've been sweeeeeet. Im hearing all these good things and just want to get back home even sooner. sad.gif
Also a cool parody I found on gamefaqs.
CLICK ME! I might be something funny.

Al_Ghazi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »

Halo 2 does fail to deliver.

Let me say this - I am not comparing Halo 1 to Halo 2 - This is not a bitch about some specific feature.  I am comparing Halo 2 to other games - like Riddick, or Black Arrow and Halo 2 fails to raise the bar above other games that are out there.   Halo 1 was a breakthrough and ahead of it's time - Halo 2 is not.  the relative merits of each version aside.

Thank God I rented it from Blockbuster - I got suspicious when I went into the Game shop and saw about 30,000 copies of Halo 2 lying around.  M$ has sucker-punched a lot of us with this release.  

ghaz.

Al_Ghazi

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »

sad.gif  sad.gif

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

mad.gif  mad.gif  my friend got it though, played it for like 5hours on split screen, took it to my house and played online all night and i fucking love it!
good wields i find use full are:

plasma rifle/smg
pistol/smg
pistol/pistol
plasma rifle/plasma rifle

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

Read the first topic. I specificaly said "sign here if you enjoyed the game keeping aside the SHORTCOMINGS(which I know exist in the game), tips/tricks and your gamertag." Halo 2 cannot be btter than Halo 1 in anyway anymore because Halo 1 caught us off-guard and any more Halo releases, if there are any, will be hyped and ultimately meet the same fate as Halo 2 by the many people who hyped it beyond releif. Anyone remember Enter the Matrix? And Ghaz all the games you listed may be better than Halo 2 because they are still originals. Im just hoping Bungie pulls another Halo on us by not telling us and secretly developing it and BAM. That is the only way the next Halo can be better. IMO Halo 2 just added Live to Halo 1 and balanced it a little more and it delievered an excellent Live feature which gamers were crying about. That is all for now. Feel free to coreect me if you want but please use rational comments like Ghazi did. I hope Ghazi finds the Live feature fun becuase I am yet to try it after I get home.

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

Al_Ghazi...
have you fucking played the game?
do you know anything about  normal maping or rag doll phisics?
this game does both of these better than any game on xbox probably eeeever will.
aside from that halo2 kill riddiks normal maping (witch is a very hard beast to tame i might add)
the game out preforms everything in the market right now and it doesnt raist the bar? its "AS good" as any other xbox title?
man what ever you are smoking keep it the fuck away from me...
i sign...

Sentient

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

tongue.gif

So, instead of blabbing about why halo 1 pwns halo 2 (or vice versa) why don't we actually discuss the things we do and don't like and try to get bungie to do something about it....

thats it, I am right now starting the HPC(Halo Players Coailition) and we will organize our likes and dislikes according to how relevant they are to the game(s) and submit them to Bungie.  Again and again until we recieve some sort of recognition from them.

Anyone who is with me, let me know.  

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

Sentient Im with you. Im thinking they left the end the way it is to build onto Halo 3 or possibly more downloadable levels. I'd prefer the latter as it would be quicker and easier to spread. They can also have Expansion disks for people who cant download from Xbox Live.

nolem

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

I'm signing.  I had a great time playing through SP.  After three nights of playing I beat it on normal, I'll try heroic next.  I only have a few bitches about it.   After 2 years of ads and trailers all saying "Your gonna fight for the survival of Earth" and "Now the Covenant have found Earth, so you must defend it",  I was kinda mad that only around 1/4 of the game is actually on Earth.  Sorry but I've had my fill of indoor hallways and spaceships from Halo 1.  I want huge outdoor maps, like the earth levels of halo 2, to be most of the game, I don't wanna go back to another goddamn Ring.(yes I know, even though you saving earth by going there...)
Anyways, Halo 2 definitly does have some shortcomings that i did not expect to be in a game 3 years in the making, but overall, its still a great game, well worth the money.

As for MP, to me it has all the great things halo 1 has, plus some new features that are awsome.  I love it.  Been playing 4 man splitscreen games for a couple of days now and i have nothing but positive things to say.  Man, I gotta get a live account...

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

smile.gif

MrAndersn

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  I think its a pretty kick ass game.  Tired of complaints about how someone with no talent can be good at it.  In fact I think the complete opposite.  See you guys on Kai!!!!
Peace  beerchug.gif

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

cool.gif  beerchug.gif

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

ok ummmm... yeah people arent necessarily complaining about this game, its just that there are some things that just make it weird. It is a good game i admit that, but for SP, Halo 1 was alot better. I hated the arbiter levels they were so annoying. The storyline was dragged out. I thought you were actually going to fight more than 1 lvl on earth. Instead you fight 1 lvl then you go right to *SPOILER* ANOTHER halo. Its nothing really original.  We fought on a halo before, covenant are invading earth and what does mc do? he LEAVES! In the last level how many of those bridges and rooms do you run across that are EXACTLY the same? The ending was a whole 2 secs. multiplayer was better this time around.   The maps are a ton better, they just seem so much more, realistic in a way.  Battle rifle rocks, i knew it would. I personally want the pistol want the pistol back because, it was "powerful" but it was an all around weapon.  If you see someone off kinda far away, you have no long range weapon unless you picked one up.
       Overall it is a good game, but the repetitiveness brings it down to about a 9/10 on my list with halo leading for the story.  Why people are "complaining" is because bungie kept moving back the dates saying its gonna be so awesome itll rock! at least 3 times my hopes and anxiety were dashed when they moved it back. Kinda gay. People thought it was being made better because of the delays. Bugnie built the people's expectations so high they couldnt meet them. I dunno thats just my view. I think its perfectly normal for people to "complain" if they waited 3 years for a game thats supposed to be awesome and it isnt what they think it is. And with that, good bye fellow xbox-sceners. Off to view another post somewhere else! on XBOX-SCENE!

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

for the last damn time, there were no delays... nov 9th is the date bungie set, the others werent set by them, therefore not applicable...

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Nov 13 2004, 02:47 PM)
for the last damn time, there were no delays... nov 9th is the date bungie set, the others werent set by them, therefore not applicable...

Yes they were mere speculations.
Pages: 1 [2] 3