xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Halo2 Complaint Faq  (Read 275 times)

oswald

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« on: November 11, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

Ok, lets go over it one by one.

BITCH: They ruined my PISTOL!!! They ruined my PISTOL!!!
Response: Get over it.  It was one weapon from the original.  They've re-tuned all of the weapons this time around to give each more balance.  I'm going to say this now, and it will become a recurring theme.  This game is Halo2, not Halo.  Things change.  Halo still exists if you'd prefer playing it, but I assume you'd prefer just bitching about whatever game you can.  Yes, the pistol is less powerful.  Some weapons are more powerful, find a new weapon.

WHINE: They didn't include all of the MP maps from HALO!!!!!
Response: WTF?  Thats ridiculous.  It's a new game with new maps, and they DID revamp some of the better MP maps from the first and put them in.  I guess the bitch stems from the fact that they didn't put YOUR favorite level in the game.  Again get over it.  This game is Halo2, not Halo.  Most sequels don't include levels from the original.  That would be cheese.  If they had included all of the MP levels from Halo the bitch would then be "Why didn't you make new maps instead of re-using this old shit!"  Some people just can't be satisfied.

MOAN: I can't switch between vertical and horizontal split screen! Fuck you Bungie!
Response: Change your widescreen settings in the Xbox Dashboard.

COMPLAINT:  I keep seeing the NORML mapping/BUMP mapping pop in on characters in the cut-scenes and in-game.
Response: This is actually a legitimate complaint that bothers me a bit as well.  I hope they address it in some downloaded content, but I can live with it otherwise.

BITCH: WTF is that ending?!!!!??
Response: Yeah, it's a little out there, but it's totally Bungie's style.  It definetly won't please everyone, and like the one above, I can understand peoples problem with the ending, I just don't think it was THAT bad.  It felt like a Bungie ending.  

WHINE: MP isn't like MP in Halo
Response: Good.  This is Halo2.  Everyone that I know that has dedicated some good time to the game with a good attitude to the game realizes that the game is a much more enjoyable, balanced, and stragecially complex game now than the original and like the original I think it will take time for everyone to catch on to all the nuance.
You used to pwn in Halo.  You had three years playing it.  You'll get good at this one, it's a better game, and all of the real pwners know it.

CRY: I'm so fucking disappointed, the game rocks but it didn't live up to the hype.  It wasn't what  I thought it would be.  It doesn't include vehicle X, weapon Y and feature Z.
Response: Don't believe the hype.  Do you know what game you are comparing it to?   A non-existant game you made up in your mind.  Bungie was up front about everything they didn't add or cut from the game.  It just couldn't live up to the halo2 you made up in your head.

I think it's important to note that all these hate posts aren't the result of a sucky game in my opinion.  It's because all the non-haters are still playing.

I'll add more as it comes.  <

oswald

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

This one is my current favourite:

WHINE: I can't grenade jump out of the level on Bloodgulch anymore.  I can't do physically impossible things in the level anymore.  I can't exploit a bug in the code to get me somewhere to snipe where no one can shoot me.
Response:  Hahahahahah.  Waaaaaah.  Really, I just don't know how to respond to this one.  Its just so stupid.  Who cares?  Its not Halo.  It's Halo2.  It's not bloodgulch, its coagulation.  New physics.  New areas.  New gameplay.   You want to warthog jump into the sky and kill with impunity? Play Halo and leave us all alone.

BITCH: I don't die when I fall anymore.
Response:  There is some falling damage from extremely large heights.  He's Master Chief for christ sakes, he's got new armor, he can take a clip or two of assualt rifle without going down, why is it so hard to believe he could survive a few hundred feet drop?

This post has been edited by oswald: Nov 11 2004, 04:36 PM <

crobar

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

goddamn...
im glad someone siad it lol...
here is my complaint

screaming at the top of my lungs: i hate all these people who listen to hype and dont take a product for what it is. shut the fuck up no one wants to hear you bitch about  what 95% of of us think is a sick ass game flaws included. this game may not be perfect but its damn close...

<

BobBrkersMyHero

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

ya i guess you're right....this is a new game...things change  sad.gif

Gokussj5okazu

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

Thank you sooooo much! I've been waitin for someone to put those whiners in their places.  <

iwannadie

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

was anyone mad when the original levels in mario werent in mario2? i dont get how these kids are upset the game is Different in the sequel, what exactly did they expect? halo1 maps, same weapons, same glitchs, different story, online play?  <

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

True that. I guess this should be a warning before posting any Halo 2 complain threads. Its seriously killing XS servers. The search is down, speed is so slow.
Edit:- Halo 1 "PISTOL" elites hate Halo 2. New sig i guess.

This post has been edited by gamefreakgcb: Nov 11 2004, 07:31 PM <

Another_Enigma

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

ok, my gripes:

no bots in MP???? wtf! i mean atleast give us the option... two people playing 1on1 just isn't that much fun, so i have to wait to get a group together to play, and being married, that's kinda hard! i guess i could have a friend over and hop on xbconnect but then i'll the problem of lagg and frame refreshing crap...

they changed the AI of the flood, i understand, they are starting to organize more, but part of what made halo1 fun was the flood being so balls out to get to you;jumping at you, chasing you down etc., this time they felt like i was fighting the covenent, but with masks on, they hide from me, try to ambush me, hardly ever jump at me, and only once they are in close range do they start to chase me...

the game felt like it was about 1 or 2 levels too short; i seriously thought my xbox messed up when i saw the credits, i mean they stopped the game at a bad point, MC had spent the last few levels trying to get to the ship so he could stop it/kill truth, so we got what, half way through his mission and have to wait another 2.5 years to finish it! and what about "saving earth" ?? it is still under attack from what i know, so we didn't finish that that mission either.  i think if they had allowed us to kill truth, but left the rings active and earth in peril, it would have made the game ending 20 times better, just one more level is all it woulda taken, but just let us finish the minor missions we set out to accomplish, and leave the bigger picture open! not leave the bigger picture, open a new bigger picture (the active rings) and leave us off dead in the middle of a minor mission!  and no, it wasn't a "bungie" ending, ok, leave us with a cliff hanger, but dont make us feel like we didn't finish the game... grrr, sorry i'm ranting, i'll stop
 <

Another_Enigma

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

oh, PS, even after all those things, i still think halo2 kicked A55  <

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Another_Enigma @ Nov 11 2004, 02:38 PM)
ok, my gripes:

no bots in MP???? wtf! i mean atleast give us the option... two people playing 1on1 just isn't that much fun, so i have to wait to get a group together to play, and being married, that's kinda hard! i guess i could have a friend over and hop on xbconnect but then i'll the problem of lagg and frame refreshing crap...

they changed the AI of the flood, i understand, they are starting to organize more, but part of what made halo1 fun was the flood being so balls out to get to you;jumping at you, chasing you down etc., this time they felt like i was fighting the covenent, but with masks on, they hide from me, try to ambush me, hardly ever jump at me, and only once they are in close range do they start to chase me...

the game felt like it was about 1 or 2 levels too short; i seriously thought my xbox messed up when i saw the credits, i mean they stopped the game at a bad point, MC had spent the last few levels trying to get to the ship so he could stop it/kill truth, so we got what, half way through his mission and have to wait another 2.5 years to finish it! and what about "saving earth" ?? it is still under attack from what i know, so we didn't finish that that mission either.  i think if they had allowed us to kill truth, but left the rings active and earth in peril, it would have made the game ending 20 times better, just one more level is all it woulda taken, but just let us finish the minor missions we set out to accomplish, and leave the bigger picture open! not leave the bigger picture, open a new bigger picture (the active rings) and leave us off dead in the middle of a minor mission!  and no, it wasn't a "bungie" ending, ok, leave us with a cliff hanger, but dont make us feel like we didn't finish the game... grrr, sorry i'm ranting, i'll stop

OK valid stuff and good to know you still like it. well have fun with Halo 2, Downloads will surely make it more fun. They most probably will have smaller MP levels and who knows we might even get more SP missions like we did with the first Splinter Cell. I hope they took out those missions to polish them up. Keep your hopes high people and enjoy life  <

oswald

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

Ok, first, they said from very early on that there wouldn't be any bots.  Bungie felt they hadn't seen a bot that was smart enough to include and have it be fun.  MP stands for multi-player, bots are just shoddy story-less repetitive single player.  They want to encourage playing against actual humans, which is more fun, and more challenging than any bot that you could add. Xbconnect and Xlink KAI have made great strides lately.  I play large 16 player games on a regular basis from my couch with no one else in the house.  Some games lag, but look around a little and you'll find plenty of quick games.

But it keeps with the story and makes sense.  Everything is turned up a notch in halo2, and the intelligence of the flood is one of them.  I'm glad I wasn't presented with the same old gameplay again.  

the game felt like it was about 1 or 2 levels too short; i seriously thought my xbox messed up when i saw the credits, i mean they stopped the game at a bad point, MC had spent the last few levels trying to get to the ship so he could stop it/kill truth, so we got what, half way through his mission and have to wait another 2.5 years to finish it! and what about "saving earth" ?? it is still under attack from what i know, so we didn't finish that that mission either. i think if they had allowed us to kill truth, but left the rings active and earth in peril, it would have made the game ending 20 times better, just one more level is all it woulda taken, but just let us finish the minor missions we set out to accomplish, and leave the bigger picture open! not leave the bigger picture, open a new bigger picture (the active rings) and leave us off dead in the middle of a minor mission! and no, it wasn't a "bungie" ending, ok, leave us with a cliff hanger, but dont make us feel like we didn't finish the game... grrr, sorry i'm ranting, i'll stop

Ok, I can't help but agree with this a little.  We're all salivating for more Halo2, but maybe that's the point.  Maybe theres another level to come at some point in the future, maybe not, and maybe its Bungie being totally crazy, but they've got us all talking about it and maybe thats the point.  Who knows?  But I've seen many worse game endings in my life, really the huge complaint everyone has is "GIVE ME MORE" and in a way thats what a game like Halo2 is supposed to evoke.

<

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

my only complaint is:

WHERES MY BLOWJOB!!!!

I thaught HALO 2 WAS SUPPOSED TO COME WITH A BLOWJOB FROM A SUPERMODEL!!!

Damnit, Fuck Bungie.

<

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

my .02 cents...

I am a little upset that they couldn't figure out how to include the 4 wheeler into the game... and it wasn't hype... if you watch the dvd in the collector's edition they say exactly what i just did....

oh and those who complain about the no fall damage.... if you sheild is gone say from being shot while in a banshee and you bail at the highest point... you will die....  laugh.gif

yes just like everyone else the complainers are very annoying... so are the extreme fanboys... they actully crack me up.... GOD THIS GAME ROCKS.... IT WAS SO WORTH THE WAIT... just play it... I'm a big fan but there is a point when you must realize ... it's a game....  blink.gif

flat_eric

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

My only gripe is that they release secrets/easter eggs and when you try to do them,they dont bloody work!!  <

zot23

• Archived User
Halo2 Complaint Faq
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

My thinking is they didn't include bots as it would lead to whores stat pumping themsleves by only playing bot games or 8 v 8 player games with just two players who agree to just cream the opposing bots.  

I would have liked to have had the bot option though, maybe just in unranked games?  Or made it so that killing a bot or being killed by one doesn't count towards your stats?

Still, the game is so much damn fun in SP and on Live that bots are practically a non-issue.  Fantastic game!

<
Pages: [1] 2