xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Flashing  (Read 109 times)

scrimpus

• Archived User
360 Flashing
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »

No extra hardware is needed to flash a BenQ, just a PC and a sata cable.

jamiebarrington

• Archived User
360 Flashing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(tweener702 @ Aug 3 2011, 06:59 PM) View Post

Hey guys,

I used to flash my 360's myself few years back and for the last year or so have just ended up finding a local guy who flashes it for me for $40 each time.  My current drive has a benq and seems like the possibility of having to update firmware could happen pretty frequently now.  It seems the old sammys are (at least now) immune and I was thinking about purchasing one and flashing it myself.  
If I dust off my old desktop with my sata card in it, thats all I need right? Not sure with the new fw's and procedures if I need to purchase new equipment or what not.

Appreciate any help!

Hi,

First off check your console to see what drive its 'supposed' to have and stick with that! So if your console came with a benq drive, DO NOT swap the drive for nothing other than a benq as spoofing another dvd drive will cause you problems when updating. You should be fine with a desktop and VIA6421 sata card but depending on which your drive is you may need to buy additional things to dump the firmware/key.

tweener702

• Archived User
360 Flashing
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(jamiebarrington @ Aug 3 2011, 07:53 PM) View Post

Hi,
First off check your console to see what drive its 'supposed' to have and stick with that! So if your console came with a benq drive, DO NOT swap the drive for nothing other than a benq as spoofing another dvd drive will cause you problems when updating. You should be fine with a desktop and VIA6421 sata card but depending on which your drive is you may need to buy additional things to dump the firmware/key.

Thanks for the replies.  I wouldn't be swapping any drives, just getting a used console with a old samsung in it and flash that, instead of keeping my console with my benq and possible having to update what could be fairly often.  Sounds like the old samsungs are the best to have.  Anyone know if there is a specific date rate I should be looking for or are all the older phat samsungs the same when it comes to the new security measures?

Thanks!!!!!!

Twis7eD

• Archived User
360 Flashing
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(tweener702 @ Aug 3 2011, 01:57 PM) View Post

Thanks for the replies.  I wouldn't be swapping any drives, just getting a used console with a old samsung in it and flash that, instead of keeping my console with my benq and possible having to update what could be fairly often.  Sounds like the old samsungs are the best to have.  Anyone know if there is a specific date rate I should be looking for or are all the older phat samsungs the same when it comes to the new security measures?

Thanks!!!!!!

All Samsungs are the same in terms of security measures.