xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo Is A Rip  (Read 224 times)

bogger62

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« on: November 10, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

I thought i recalled bungie saying that master cheif could sprint and lean but i have figured that out... wtf is going on here. he just runs the same speed. And why didnt they keep some original halo levels for mp like hang em high... (sigh)  <

halofreak007

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

sad.gif

bogger62

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

what about leaning. i know they said that leaning would be available  <

bogger62

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

ITS so gay that you cant lean  <

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

Ther are not in the game (probably) due to the fact the were extensively tested and then agreed to not be worth the trouble so they could focus on other aspects of the game.

To be honest i dont think sprinting would be useful at all ( im not putting my weapons away in multiplayer) and leaning? maybe but its no great loss

And as for keeping the same multiplayer levels. I hate to say it but thats the stupidest thing I have ever had the misfortune of reading here. Its halo2 not halo1XXreloaded.

Evolve and Change with the rest of us brother  <

bogger62

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

hate to bust ur bubble but i do alot of system link and most of the maps are made for online play..... they could have kept the popular halo mp levels or added a snow mp level. that would be sweet.  <

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

i'm just about tired of the halo 2 bashing.

Its completely foolish.

the only reason people are soooo pissed about halo 2 is that it isn't what they imagined.  Which is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.  Why?  Because 1.5 million people preordered, thats 1.5 million different imaginations, 1.5 million different games.  Instead of bitching that your unrealistic demands weren't met why not play the game for what it is.  A GREAT FPS.  IMO the best, i mean CS is good and all but thats a whole different ballgame.  

on second thaught. if you can't beat em, join em

HALO 2 SUCKS BECAUSE IT DIDNT COME WITH A BLOWJOB!!!!!!!
FUCK HALO 2 FUCK BUNGIE, WHERES MY HEAD DAMNIT!!!!!  <

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

Yeah i am dissapointed alittle in them maps. I was hoping for Hang Em High to return and get some more outdoor-type levels (where you cant fall to you death). Although Waterworks and Zazibar are a blast.

But hey theres always a chance ill get them in an update!  :)

Edit: I really dont see why they couldnt keep all the old maps in.

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Nov 11 2004, 01:26 AM <

IheartHuckabees

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sentient @ Nov 11 2004, 01:12 AM)
i'm just about tired of the halo 2 bashing.

Its completely foolish.

the only reason people are soooo pissed about halo 2 is that it isn't what they imagined.  Which is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.  Why?  Because 1.5 million people preordered, thats 1.5 million different imaginations, 1.5 million different games.  Instead of bitching that your unrealistic demands weren't met why not play the game for what it is.  A GREAT FPS.  IMO the best, i mean CS is good and all but thats a whole different ballgame.  

on second thaught. if you can't beat em, join em

HALO 2 SUCKS BECAUSE IT DIDNT COME WITH A BLOWJOB!!!!!!!
FUCK HALO 2 FUCK BUNGIE, WHERES MY HEAD DAMNIT!!!!!

agreed

<

tempchicken

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

I read somewhere, in an interview, that bungie took out running and leaning because "It just didn't feel like Halo".  I know they did a lot of play testing, so I'm going to have to trust them on that one.  <

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

You guys seriously think they took out sprinting and whatnot for no reason? Look at the control scheme right now, then add leaning, sprinting. Even though its only 2 things, it still crumps controls a whole lot more and this is a fucking FPS with shoot and run type play, why the hell do you even need leaning? And running would be stupid because people can still hit you if you're running. And about the maps, Im pretty sure there will be Downloads.  <

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo Is A Rip
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

^agreed

and how would leaning help anyway? unless youre one of those people who likes 3rd person games b/c you can see around walls and surprise people with a cheap kill... <_<   <