xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Dont Get It.....  (Read 350 times)

bigjonny

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« on: November 09, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

why does it make me find a new match after every sigle one.  maybe im just doin somethin wrong but i heard other people on live talkin about it and i never heard an answer.  do any of u know y this is or if theres a way to actually stay in the game like crimson skies.  i like how bungie can pick another host if the first quits but wats the point when the match is over and u have to find another.  why cant they take u bak to the match setup and go again?  i really dont get it and wonder if im just doin somethin wrong.  thanks for the help and sorry for adding another halo 2 thread  <

moosebox

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

yea I hope they fix this somehow.

I mean it takes over 3 minutes just to find and get in, then the game last for only 5 minutes and I have to search all over again.

Are the no 30minute - hour long games, no continuous servers?  searching 3 minutes just to play for 5 is kinda stupid at this time.

and where are the 32 person servers? some xbox dude at the release said the scaled down from 64 to 32, but the most I've played has been 16  <

shanafan

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

What are you guys talking about? I can stay in the same party for a number of games.

Maybe you are pressing B at the stats screen after the match? That will exit you from the party. Just wait for the host to jump to the next screen.  <

KenCuz

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 9 2004, 09:32 PM)
What are you guys talking about? I can stay in the same party for a number of games.

Maybe you are pressing B at the stats screen after the match? That will exit you from the party. Just wait for the host to jump to the next screen.

same thing i was thinking.  <

bigjonny

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

r u serious???  u just wait at the stat screen and it will eventually load?  everyone ive played with exits out and leaves.  i guess ill try it tomorrow or host my own and try. thanks  <

moosebox

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

oh...maybe it cause everyone else leaves at the end of the game...I'm usually the last one there looking at the stats.

hmm gotta find people who will stay for more then

Thank!  <

bigjonny

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

anyone else have this problem???  <

fahrenheit

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

I am in New Zealand and was on Live within an hour of the game Launching. Matchmaking was very fast, under 30 seconds to start a match. This would be because the majority of people were locals, fewer people on Live and everyone was at the same skill level. Now matchmaking seems to takes 60 - 90 seconds to gather people.  <

MrAndersn

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

beerchug.gif Frankly I'm sick of everybody crying about this or that."I can't get online, Ive been banned, it sucks, theyover hyped it"....blah blah blah.
From experience I made sure that I didn't over hype the game and am taking it for face value....a great shooter game with great online play.  If people are stupid enough to try and get online with a modded box and just expect to turn their chip off and "puff"  magic happens and M$ does'nt realize there online with a Stock xbox they deserve to get banned.  With xbc and Kai out there breaking there humps for people to enjoy free online gaming experience everybody wants to run run run and get on live...stupid.  And whats even more stupid is I sat here all day reading post of people getting banned and and what do people do who read the same posts I do...........try and go on XBL.
Whats going on here?  
What i ask you?
What?
Peace

moosebox

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (MrAndersn @ Nov 10 2004, 01:27 AM)
:beer: Frankly I'm sick of everybody crying about this or that."I can't get online, Ive been banned, it sucks, theyover hyped it"....blah blah blah.
From experience I made sure that I didn't over hype the game and am taking it for face value....a great shooter game with great online play.  If people are stupid enough to try and get online with a modded box and just expect to turn their chip off and "puff"  magic happens and M$ does'nt realize there online with a Stock xbox they deserve to get banned.  With xbc and Kai out there breaking there humps for people to enjoy free online gaming experience everybody wants to run run run and get on live...stupid.  And whats even more stupid is I sat here all day reading post of people getting banned and and what do people do who read the same posts I do...........try and go on XBL.
Whats going on here?  
What i ask you?
What?
Peace

what the hell are you talking about? did you even read what this post is about?  <

ninjax

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

MrAndersn Posted on Nov 10 2004, 01:27 AM
   Frankly I'm sick of everybody crying about this or that."I can't get online, Ive been banned, it sucks, theyover hyped it"....blah blah blah.
From experience I made sure that I didn't over hype the game and am taking it for face value....a great shooter game with great online play. If people are stupid enough to try and get online with a modded box and just expect to turn their chip off and "puff" magic happens and M$ does'nt realize there online with a Stock xbox they deserve to get banned. With xbc and Kai out there breaking there humps for people to enjoy free online gaming experience everybody wants to run run run and get on live...stupid. And whats even more stupid is I sat here all day reading post of people getting banned and and what do people do who read the same posts I do...........try and go on XBL.
Whats going on here?
What i ask you?
What?
Peace

What on earth are you babbling about.  Your post has nothing to do with the topic...but keep up the good job on wasting bandwith smile.gif
BTW..people play on XBL because xbc and Kai suck....im sorry, I refuse to play online with an xbox with the preformance of a dreamcast.

MrAndersn

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »

My bad.
A little digruntled.
Drinking beer.......better now.  <

morbidpete

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 11:57:00 PM »

the rankede games never are the same..the party games are...thats all  <

BobBrkersMyHero

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

i think this only applies when doing 2 player...which really sucks..because the game is the best when you have 1-3 buddies over destroying everyone on xbox live lol  <

esc1

• Archived User
I Dont Get It.....
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

If you are competing you are forced to play somebody new everytime.  

If you do the optimatch or whatever you will stay with the same party.    <
Pages: [1] 2