xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Halo 2 Now Official  (Read 1033 times)

RoninX7

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

Call me crazy, but I loved the Arbiter.

One of the things that bothered me most about HALO 1 was that we had no idea who the Covenant really were. "See they're these guys. Yeah, these guys, from another planet. They all look different from each other, for some reason. They've got crazy weapons and purple ships. And, um, they want to take over Earth. We really don't know why. Oh, and they have a religion of some sort."

I'm told they explain more in the books, but, well, I never read them.

Thanks to the role of the Arbiter in HALO 2, we now have a much better understanding of the Covenant, the way their society works, their religious practices, and the significance of Halo and Earth. Actually being able to play as an Elite does so much more for the game as a whole. Now the Covenant are not just these generic aliens, now they seem like actual characters, with real depth and dimension. We have a reason to hate them or even empathize with them (I found myself seriously rooting for the Elites over the Brutes, which is very strange considering the number of times I've yelled "FUCKING ELITE!" at my TV during my HALO career).

And besides, optic camoflauge at the push of a button? Cool. Hunters and sword-wielding Elites as your allies? Very cool.

So that's just my two cents. I'm surprised that the Covenant levels are taking so much heat, they went over really well with our crowd.

Al_Ghazi

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 03:55:00 AM »

All that I know is that I like it. But if you do not then shut up and stop talking shit about it. Don't ruin it for the rest of us other Halo 2 fans. This is ridiculous if you do not like it stop playing it and play the orignal

Spoken like any jerk who has 67 posts to his name.

This is a forum you idiot - it is FOR discussing things.  That is why it is here.

Halo 2?  Big let Down.  Bungie is just another part of the M$ cash machine - they sucker punched all of us with this release - what the hell were they doing for 3 years????

Ghaz,

fezzman

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »

wink.gif   After trying it out on XBC I finally decided to go back and give Live a second chance.  I am so glad that I did too.  Party invites are easy enough to do and I now have enough friends in my list because of the party invites that I can easily fill a room.

Sometimes I still like to stick to the playlists though.  I didn't care much about ranking at first because it's never interested me with other games.  Being that they geared this game around ranking I'm going to start taking them up on their offer.  laugh.gif   The ranking goes all the way up to 50 and I've already made it to a huge whopping 6  jester.gif

I'm just glad that I didn't dismiss the game so quickly.  It has grown on me quicker than Halo 1 did.

chris1712

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

anyone wanna put a quick run through of the story, just completed it on normal but my mum started talking to me during the bastard mc/arbiter gravedigger scene!!!!!!!!!m So i dunno wtf was happening and why i was here and there etc.

also wtf with people saying this was easy!? Jeezus some of the battles are huge and you tae so much fire its very hard to stay alive. It must be incredibly difficult on legendary. Also, there better be a friggin halo 3.

lifeforce4

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (Al_Ghazi @ Nov 12 2004, 07:58 AM)
what the hell were they doing for 3 years????

Ghaz,

The extra dvd that comes with the LE game tells.

Kyle

bluedeath

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (lifeforce4 @ Nov 12 2004, 04:49 PM)
Snootchey Bootchey

I don't know why I was disappointed by this game.   Could it be the fact that you can run the single player campaign under legendary mode in a day.   Does anyone else notice that the graphics get worse the deeper you get into the game.  Everything is darker.  They hid poor design with smoke and haze.  The list goes on and on.  I have to applaud MS on their money making scam.  This game was made for the sole purpose of prepping everyone for Xbox 2.  Hype begets Hype.

esc1

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

laugh.gif

TacoBalls

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (RoninX7 @ Nov 12 2004, 02:34 AM)
And besides, optic camoflauge at the push of a button? Cool. Hunters and sword-wielding Elites as your allies? Very cool.

Yea, it was cool, until it disengaged after 10 seconds or it went away after the first firing of a weapon, that was lame.  

I agree with the general consensus...campaign is super gay, multiplayer is super fun when you tweak it.

I also agree with the expansion theory.  It's just an expansion, not a sequel.  I play broodwar so I can play online with lurkers and medics.  I'll play Halo 2 online so I can drive Covenant vehicles and have more team options and new levels.  I beat the campaign once and wont try it again.

Phizzy

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

Questions...

Where is the real-time lighting and shadows as seen in the videos (ie. E3)?

Where is the story and long gameplay in single player? H2 was supposed to be at least 50% longer than H1.

Where are the Warthogs? Bungie showed five, but only gave us two.

Where is the ATV?

I could go on and on...

esc1

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

smile.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

wink.gif

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

tongue.gif

with that out of the way, here we go with your 2 important questions Phizzy.

Bungie never claimed ONCE that anything shown at E3 was a finished product or would be seen in the final release.  There are some pretty sweet Dynamic lighting affects that got included into the final version of halo, take some time to look at objects and how the light plays off of them in relation to where it is at, and what is in the way, ect.  

as for the story and gameplay, easy to answer.  Halo 1 has 10 missions, halo 2 has 15.  I trust you can do the math.  As for the actual time it takes in hours to complete the game... since you are super l337 and have been playing games since the dawn of time, it probably takes you no more than 10 hrs to beat the game... but that is subjective.  Bungie can't predict the length of time that it takes you to to complete their game... and if you want it to take longer try legendary next time.

Instead of complaining about the horrible flaws (which ones again?) and the things bungie didn't do, try actually playing the game with an open mind that this is actually a video game, not divine enlightenment.  Seriously though... take a look around some of the single player levels.  Realize that ALL of the cutscenes are run on the games engine, something that very few developers have the balls, or the ability, to do.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

/spoilers

i think (read: hope) that the e3 level will be a downloadable single player mission on live...

it makes sense as it could tie up the story a bit more as its on earth where mc is about to land at the end of the game as well as the fact that there are brutes there, which means it was a bit further in the story than the levels in the begining... i hope im right as that level looked really fun, but im not holding my breath...

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

honestly guys you guys anticipated it way too much. The game is GREAT. The live is the best of any game. The servers own. There is no way to glitch or cheat online (FOR ONCE) That's why the servers are set up as optimatch so you can't play ranked games and invite friends.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

halo 2 multiplay on live is simple wonderful.. whoever says its not as fun as halo 1 multiplayer are either fucking lying or has just taken a heavy dose of some sort of drug
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4