xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Halo 2 Now Official  (Read 1034 times)

mamajo

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

sad.gif

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Halo 2 is great, if you dont like it then its because you had a preconception of what it was going to be and you are too stubborn to accept it for what it is, one of the most balanced, best looking FPS ever.
(IMO the best)
I loved halo 1 but halo 2 is better.

esc1

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

laugh.gif

H2 is damn near perfect.

tricksterg

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

i can't believe you have to destroy another halo.  bungie is sooo unoriginal.

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

the name of the game is Halo 2, you guys thaught it would only be you defending earth?
laff

chris_kalan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

I don't mind Halo 2.  The thins that majorly pisses me off is that way back one of the Bungie guys said their smallest level would be 4x the size of AOTCR!!  And I know they didn't say 4x smaller!

Also, they reused the original Halo engine!  So now it chgs like mad, the background flickers, and there is way too much going on for me to appreciate much more.

Lastly, I am disappointed that it will end abruptly.  I really would have aited another year for the REAL Halo 2 or even until it became an Xbox Next launch title.  Now there is something to look forward to!

RustAngel

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

the name of the game is Halo 2, you guys thaught it would only be you defending earth?
laff

Since when is the title of a game supposed to be a 100% accurate summary? If it were, don't you think Splinter Cell should have some actual splinters in it? How about the lack of burnouts in Burn Out 3? Or the fact that Tony Hawk Underground is not actually set under the ground? dry.gif  rolleyes.gif

Besides, LOOK AT THE F*$KING ADVERTISING!! "Earth Needs You!" "Fight for the Earth" Earth this, earth that...look at all the friggin trailers!!! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EPIC WAR ON EARTH, not some pansy 10-hour field trip before the real battle even begins!!

*cries*

RustAngel

IheartHuckabees

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (RustAngel @ Nov 11 2004, 12:14 AM)

Since when is the title of a game supposed to be a 100% accurate summary? If it were, don't you think Splinter Cell should have some actual splinters in it? How about the lack of burnouts in Burn Out 3? Or the fact that Tony Hawk Underground is not actually set under the ground? dry.gif  rolleyes.gif

Besides, LOOK AT THE F*$KING ADVERTISING!! "Earth Needs You!" "Fight for the Earth" Earth this, earth that...look at all the friggin trailers!!! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EPIC WAR ON EARTH, not some pansy 10-hour field trip before the real battle even begins!!

*cries*

RustAngel

your an idiot to

earth does need you, the covenant were going to activate another halo, thereby killing off humans

but i guess that doesnt count

rolleyes.gif

you guys are a bunch of fucking whine babies

RustAngel

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (IheartHuckabees @ Nov 11 2004, 01:44 AM)
your an idiot to

earth does need you, the covenant were going to activate another halo, thereby killing off humans

but i guess that doesnt count

rolleyes.gif

you guys are a bunch of fucking whine babies

Now now, looks like someone hasn't been paying attention in school:

"You're an idiot too!

Earth does need you, the Covenant were going to activate another halo, thereby killing off humans, but I guess that doesn't count."

There, isn't that much better? I write real good for an idiot, huh?

As I said in the other thread you're busy polluting with your snot-nosed fanboy drivel, there was no need to get personal. If you're going to debate, then come up with some real arguments apart from "omg evryone who dosnt like halo2 STFU ur all idiot n00bs and you dont understand bungie like i do".

RustAngel

lifeforce4

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

It is a good game; from what I can tell is yes it will take some time to get use to the new warthog. I see no bad things about the guns they made my favorite gun (needler) more common now. Only problem I have with it is the co-op when my brother dies it resets back to the save spot. I liked the challenge of trying to find a spot to stay for 3 seconds so he can spawn back. I am on the first level still of legendary because itÂ’s so hard (I spent 2 hours trying to get through this one room).

I know I'm not the best at halo so I want to know anyone have tips for how to play H2 on legendary?

Thanks,
Kyle

RustAngel

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (FreakInvasion @ Nov 11 2004, 10:48 PM)

You forgot some. Shouldn't Rainbox Six have some rainbows in it? WHERE ARE MY GOD DAMN RAINBOWS. My teacher said her macintosh didn't come with any apples. NO FUCKING APPLES!!! Why isn't American football actually called tackleball?

If they had called it something other then Halo 2, they would have had to make it a different game. It's still based around the same idea of playing as MC and fighting the covenant. Never judge a book by its cover.....

fucking rainbows...

Not only should it have rainbows, but it should have SIX of them!! Goddamn false advertising tongue.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

cool.gif

Imagineaworld

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

wink.gif)

esc1

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Barnolde

• Archived User
Halo 2 Now Official
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

The singleplayer is lackluster, like some other generic FPS, most of the levels are really disappointing, mainly because the level design is AWFUL.

My rant/review on Halo 2's single player

RustAngel, I like your name analogy. 2 levels on Earth sucked, mainly because most of the Halo levels were the same boring, generic crap we saw in the first game. 3 years and they can't fix the stupid level design. We actually went back to The Library!!! WHY!? In a cutscene, they said they were going to The Library, and MC was going somewhere else, and then you find out you have to go there as an Elite, wow, fun. Bungie took a shot at themselves, made me breathe a sigh of relief, and then kicked me in the nuts while I wasn't looking by going to the worst level from the first game as a character I don't want to play as. Playing as an Elite was cool for two levels, but they made you do it so much it turned out to be almost as annoying as playing as Raiden from MGS2. Then again, putting the MC on the cover in a prominent pose doesn't mean anything, hell in Halo 3 you'll probably be some generic Marine, like in THUG you don't even play as Tony Hawk anymore. Dear game devs, we want to play as the characters we know in love, that means no Elites and no Raiden. Bungie made so many half-assed mistakes in this cramped game with level design done by Stevie Wonder, because no person with vision could've made levels this horrible and cramped.

Halo 2 = Halo 1.5, because there's no way this game is a full sequel. They should've called it Halo: Island Thunder or Halo: Black Arrow, because it was more like one of those expansion pack type games than a full sequel.

But the multiplayer is fun, I only wish I preferred multiplayer to single player and I wasn't banned from XBL. Bungie sold out to the great Satan, and this lackluster game makes me hate MS anymore and I have lost much respect I once had for Bungie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4